Working at General Dynamics — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about General Dynamics pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at General Dynamics

From Tampa Florida — 12/29/2008

The paid is not bad. as long as you come in with a certification or college degree. If you do not have it and get hired without either, the company low balls you, but gives you a job and a chance to get your cert or degree. The pay is also based on your location within the United States. For those that travel alot, General Dynamics is very fair. They pay overtime, unlike many companies that pay a small percentage over your base pay. I have been working for the company for 7-years, I feel safe and secure, and the balance of work and life is great. I have been given alot of flex time. As for career growth, I have seen a number of people start at the bottom, and are site, and regional leads. Work Environment can be hard at times but that is because we support DOD, what can you expect from the government, first class airline tickets? No way. General DYnamics is a top notch company, stop complaining.

From Scottsdale, Arizona — 08/04/2008

General Dynamics C4 Systems is located in Scottsdale, Arizona. It is a company of very dedicated, driven, intelligent people. People come to work at GDC4S because of the culture and the people, which is based upon Respect and Integrity. The pay and the benefits are very competitive. The work environment is team oriented and friendly. You get ahead here based upon your performance, not who you know. The company rewards it's employees through a generous benefit package, rewards/recognition programs, generous and above market pay increases, and work/life balance programs, like: Teleworking, 9/80's, part-time, etc. This is a very dynamic workplace that is not for slackers, but pays for performance and high achievements. The company is winning business and executing. We have been here for 50 years, and will be here for another 50! We are diverse enough in our systems and products and customer base to balance out the lean times in one business area. We have a great leadership team that is earnestly trying to improve the culture, the business and build a great place to work. We have a multi-generational workforce and with it comes exciting challenges for the business and employees.

Come to work here, It is great.

From FL — 06/05/2007

Decent place to work. Employees tend to stay for a very long time. Managers are excellent and really know their respective fields but promotions are few and far between. The senior people are overworked and the entry level folks are under utilized.

From Hanover, MD — 12/11/2006

This is a great place to work. I have no negative remarks.