Working at General Board of Pension — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about General Board of Pension pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at General Board of Pension

From Evanston, IL — 08/04/2008

I really love my job. I have been at GBOP for over 2 years now and I really have nothing bad to say. As far as pay, I work at most 40 hours a week and I am definitely getting paid well. I also get a yearly bonus which is something that most companies have done away with. Last year, I was awarded with a market increase which is also something I don't see anymore, and they provide monetary awards to employees who do a great job.

Respect is one of the values of GBOP. I have never felt disresepcted or unheard. All of the managers want to see you grow in our out of the company.

I pay next to nothing for my benefits and I have great health, dental and vision coverage. I also get a 401K and a pension.

Job security- If you are going to get fired, you will know. I feel really secure in my job and always have. To my knowledge there has never been a big lay off and they are a big believer in natural attrition.

Career growth- In two years I was promoted, and they would much rather promote from within then from the outside.

Location- downtown evanston, though they are moving to glenview which I am not thrilled about.

Co-worker competence- People are smart here and really know what they are doing.

Work environment- The building is old, which is why we are moving, but overall a fun yet professional atmosphere.