Working at Geisinger Health System — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Geisinger Health System pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Geisinger Health System

From Danville, PA — 02/09/2010

Geisinger doctors come from the best medical schools, hospitals and research centers in the country. Unlike physicians at traditional medical colleges, patient care comes first. That's good for the doctors and it's great for the people who live here. So what's wrong with being a business? Evereywhere I turn I see small and rural hospitals suffering. Geisinger is a strong hospital and that's good for me and my family, the community and for our patients.

From Danville, PA — 02/27/2009

This is a great company to work for. Management has been very stable and knows the business. Lots of expansion in the past few years and still expanding. Great pay and benefits for the area. Location is great for families but nothing to do for singles and those without children, although it's only 2.5 hours to drive to NYC or Philly. Probably the biggest problem is it's too stable and the non-performers are not cleared out by downsizing, layoffs, etc. so you have some employees just taking up space. But overall employees are good to great with a few bad apples. Department work environments and policy enforcements vary widely but generally enable work to be accomplished without too much bureaucracy. Compared to the hospital where I worked for three years before coming here, Geisinger is better in every category except location.