Working at ge healthcare — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about ge healthcare pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at ge healthcare

From Waukesha, WI — 09/28/2010

found company has no integrity, though they boast it as there image. They are unethical, not that it matters to them. I found them to be two faced. Lied about what agreed upon in hiring process to get me on board, then the real truth came out. Raises are low, don't even keep up with inflation, so hard to get ahead of the game financially. Hold employees 401k $$ form checks till 2nd saturday of next month, paying no interest on 401k $$ held, sometimes 3 checks in a month till the next month. You TImes that by how many employees are in 401k and you see that are keeping $$ that should be in employees pocket in their own interest baring account. This is Illegal. EBSA is investigating the GE&SSP 401k. The company finally changed to an independent firm-Fidelity in Dec, 2009, who operate like most 401k's should. This only after GE Healthcare was busted on this by employee.
I left since I heard of and experienced to many issues of this company, that made it a hard place to stay and put efforts into my job. Also found out that the benefits administrator for your benefits like the basic short term disability is run by Sedgwick CMS who are hired guns to knock down claims of employees on behalf of the company they represent. Google "Sedgwick CMS and Ge Healthcare" as a search and you will see very scary stuff and lengths these low lifes go to deny benefits. Human Resources, if and when you get a hold of them, ends up white washing issues.
I talking some pretty serious issues. This company has no integrity and you are just a pawn to see how much they can drain out of you, with no return

From Eastern US — 01/03/2010

If you are hired as a Field Engineer (MRI, CT, US, XRay, etc) the company provides a ton of training and you eventually become to "valuable" in the field to be considered for a non-technical promotion (Con). Not to mention it is very difficult to move into management without a Masters Degree.

If you are young and hired as an FE with no Diagnostic Imaging experience you will be paid at the low end of the range, which is okay for the first couple years because you are learning on the job. However, once you have proven your ability and have been performing at the level of Senior FE's you will have to threaten to leave - or leave to earn what you are worth as an Engineer.

Management is fair and hands off as long as you are performing well and doing a good job. In terms of coworkers in the field most are very knowledgeable and work as a team.

The benefits are top notch and low cost, there are a lot of perks and discounts provided to employes (car/phone/internet/laptop). Work/Life and Job Security is better than most other companies.

My only grip and the reason I have left is to make more money. After a few years with GE I had the same amount of responsibilities and performing equally to the other members of my FE Service Team however was earning close to half of what they were making.

Great company, I wish this would've been my second stop in my FE career as I could have seen myself here long term.

From Waukesha, WI — 07/10/2009

Respect for employees is at all time low. There is no job security, even though you may be doing the work of two people. You are expected to work and work hard all the time - work/life balance is nonexistent. With a freeze on jobs, and people being laid off there is little or no career growth. You never know who has been let go - they keep the numbers very secret. GE is a "transparent" company is a sham.

From Burlington, VT — 06/23/2009

Overall, a typical place to work. Not excellent but not bad either. Your role determines how much your work/life balance will suck. Generally, 40 hours is required with 50+ Hours expected during deadline season.
In general, the people are really smart and try to do the write thing. The only complaint would be need to follow all the corporate rules about compliance with medical regulations. A lot of rules don't make sense and seem like just busy work. There is also a huge amount of training required on a yearly basis for compliance purposes. It doesn't really seem to affect quality as much as it's used to CYA.