Working at gaylord national resort — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about gaylord national resort pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at gaylord national resort

From Washington dc — 05/07/2008

PEOPLE CHECK THIS BECAUSE THIS WAS A TRUE EXPERIENCE. I WAS SOO HAPPY TO BE HIRED TO THIS PLACE, I'M LATINA WOMEN, US CITIZEN FOR 5 YEARS. THEY HIRED ME AND I WAS VERY HAPPY THE FIRST DAY WHEN I SUPPOST TO START THE ORIENTATION I RAN LATE , I FEEL MISERABLE, AND THAT DAY THEY HAS TO CHECK MY PAPERS , I PRESENT AS ALWAYS MY SOCIAL SECURITY CARD AND MY DRIVER'S LICENCE, AND ONE GIRL FROM HR, TELL ME THAN MY SS CARD WAS FAKE.. FAKEEEEEEEEEEEEE???? ME??? I TELL HER THAN THAT'S IS NO TRUE THAN SHE CAN CHECK ME BY EVERIFY THAN I AM A US CITIZEN, AND SHE SAY NO THAN SHE NEEDS MY PASSPORT??? WHATT??? THEY DISCRIMINATED ME..
THE FIRST DAY!!!! AND LATER SHE TELL ME , THAN I HAVE TO GOING TO THE SS ADMINISTRATION AND BRING A NEW SS CARD. AND I TELL HER THAN THE SS CARD TAKE APROXIMATLY 2 WEEKS, AND SHE TELL ME BRING ME THE PAPER THAN THEY GIVE YOU THERE.
I WAS IN SHOCK, SHE MAKE ME FEEL SO BAD. I WAS ONE HOUR IN THE ORIENTATION AND I WANNA CRYING AND ASK ME 1000000 ON TIMES, WHY IF I TELL HER CHECK ME BY EVERIFY AND SHE CAN SEE MY PICTURE, SHE DIDN'T??
I FEEL THE ALL HOLD HOUR THAN I WANNA CRY. I JUST WALK OUT. BECAUSE IF THAT HAPPENED TO ME THE FIRST DAY, WHAT IS GONNA HAPPENED TO ME AS LATINA LATER.
RIGTH THERE THEY THINK THAN ALL LATINOS ARE ILLEGALS INMIGRANTS... BECAREFUL!!!!!
THEY DOESN'T HAVE ALSO A GOOD HR DEPARTMENT, BECAUSE KNOW IN THIS MOMENT, ANY EMPLOYER COULD CHECK PEOPLE STATUS IN SECONDS.