Working at Gartner — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Gartner pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Gartner

From Irving, TX — 02/16/2010

Gartner is most likely one of the best companies in America - if not globally. The pay is more than above average, everyone is respected for the role they have and the contribution they make. The benefits are above average with matching 401K (which is unusual in today's economy). Job security is well above averages (in 2009 only 100 folks were layed off and many have been rehired). Work/life balance is respected and encouraged (no one would ever be expected to cancel a vacation, work on a weekend or other unless it was their choice). Internal job postings are plentiful, but sometimes preference is given to a pre-selected individual (I guess no company is perfect). The Gartner offices are very professional, state-of-the-art with flat panel monitors playing key note addresses from some of the top technology minds in the industry. Bottled water, energy drinks, juice, sodas, fruit, snacks, gourmet coffee, stocked fridge are all part of the office environment. Employees have the privilege of working with some of the top thinkers in the IT industry (Gartner analysts/Fellows). However, leave your ego at the door - the majority of the folks here are wicked, wicked smart (in research, events, product development and account management) and surprisingly humble about it (although some our analyst at times have an overly healthy sense of self-confidence - guess that goes with the territory). Where it comes to creating a team-building, fun corporate culture, Gartner wins the prize hands down. They go out of their way to create a culture where having fun is as important as driving the bottom line. That said - slackers will NOT survive here (some may see this as a negative - I see it as a definite positive). Check them out - www.gartner.com