Working at Gardenvision — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Gardenvision pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Gardenvision

From jax, fl — 09/28/2010

almost no chance to move up and the pay isnt that great either, but my supervisor is really good to work for

From Birmingham, AL — 04/15/2010

I'm new to Gardenvision, but I must say, they are wonderful and I enjoy working with them. The training is short, but I've gotten the hang of it. Everybody I work with are wonderful, and have no problems helping me if I need help or have a question. My supervisor, Luann, is the best supervisor I have ever worked for. She works around my school schedule, and still gives me plenty of hours. I love the flexability and I love the people I work for. Even the Lowes employees at my 2 stores are great and are quick to lend a hand when needed. I would def work for this company again.

From Fl — 10/04/2009

Overall Gardenvision is a good place to work. However, the pay is low for what is expected of supervisors. It seems that Supervisors would at least have a few perks, Holidays off, maybe an extra day at thanksgiving and Christmas,As long as the stores are covered of course. Definiatley feels that we are not appreciated.

From florida — 10/01/2009

Garden Visions is a good company to work for, but the communication lines are very blurry. I requested my Vacation time in July and still haven't heard the first word about it even though I have sent several e-mails to my Supervisor about it. I don't want to go over their head for this so what do you suggest I do? I should receive it on my next Payday but stil don't know if I will.

From middleburg, fl — 09/28/2009

I'm very new with GardenVision, but came from working at Lowe's Orange Park, in the garden center. When they had to reduce headcount, I was one layed off. But was very fortunate to get one right away with GV. I get along great with the Lowe's employees, and Greg Willey is super. The only thing I hate is the "learning curve"--the time it takes to get into the ol' comfort zone, and to be sure I'm doing all I need to for compliance with the POG, etc. I'm totally happy working with plants, and learning more and more of them, helping customers when they ask, and hauling carts!! Totally satisfied with my pay, and after 32 years with AT&T, in some pretty high-pressure positions, I have learned satisfaction with putting my all into the job and feeling like I put in a good day's work for my pay. I'm at the point now, that I've learned a lot, and know how much I have to learn yet!! Thanks for the opportunity!

From Marietta, GA — 09/28/2009

As a part-time, seasonal employee, I do not expect benefits or a high level of job security from this position. What I do expect is flexibility and the respect of my Gardenvision co-workers and supervisor (formerly team leader). I rate both those categories as "excellent". The salary rates would not be competitive in a good market but under today's economy they are OK -- better than if Gardenvision had priced itself out of the market and cost us merchandisers our jobs. As the market returns, GV should make wage and benefit improvement its first priority. I agree with some of the comments about GV supplying safety equipment, but only if the employee has accountabiliy for its care and loss prevention. Replacing gloves you wore out working is one thing -- replacing them because you lost them is entirely different and takes raise money out of the budget.

I hope that Gardenvision management may have the chance to work with Lowe's buyers to get the contract terms passed down to the Lowe's employees and reinforce that information. Some will never care but most, if they understood our contractual duties to the store, would let us fulfill them instead of treating us like their bottom-rung workers.

From Alabama — 09/26/2009

I very much love my job and have learned alot since starting I also wished the pay and benefits were better.

From Alabama — 09/25/2009

I love my job but I do think we should receive more money for the work that is required of us

From Vero Beach, FL — 09/25/2009

I like wokring for them, we all have complaints and they do listen, at least my supervisor does.

From SW Florida — 09/24/2009

When you've been working for a company certain things are expected of them. GV has switched from day pay to hourly a little over a year ago. some employees got an even switch and some didn't. I'm still waiting to be caught up and for the raise they said we would get in the beginning of the year which never happened. It's not right. How can GV expect their employees to perform to their expectations when we really never know what's going on. The team I am apart of is great to work with, the problems start the further up the chain of command that you go. I do love my job but I would like to climb the ladder and when GV brings in people outside the company that won't happen for any of us that are working our butts of to acheive that.