Work at gap inc — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about gap inc pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at gap inc

From Wilkes-Barre, Pa — 09/09/2008

Ive been at the Gap for a few months now and I must say Management is crazy!! First of all, GAP CARDS. They are death to my ears. Everything is centered around these stupid plastic devils. Your expected to get a million each time you work and if you do get that million by chance, their just like, Get more, Get more!! Its all about the freaking gap cards! Most of the time its just plain luck to get them, while sometimes its actually pushing the costumer and talking them up a bit. Employees and management think your the greatest employee and sales person if you open one, but its mostly about luck and working the cash wrap. Every 10 seconds their like did you get a gap card yet? Make sure you talk it up. The best is when they say: Guys, we didn't get a gap card in 2 hours. I dont think were talking it up and pushing it. OF COURSE WE ARE TALKING IT UP. Every 5 seconds we have to hear about from you! Ahh!

Next is Management always seemed so stressed. The Manager on Duty (MOD) has a million tasks to do and so many questions to answer by the employees. Their all over the place! You can tell their stretched out and getting ulcers. It shows sometimes.

Also their request off system is BS. You always need a certain paper to request off and when they run out or go missing, you have to ask management to print out new ones and they give you that evil look cauz they have a million "better" things to do.

ugh. Gap inst a horrible place to work, its actually kind of fun depending on what you like to do, but if you want to hear GAP CARD GAP CARD GAP CARD every 5 seconds in your walkie, its the perfect place for you to work. Their like possessed over those damn things. Cant stand it.

From orland park, il — 08/26/2008

I really enjoyed working at the gap. The other employees were alot of fun and I miss them dearly!

From hebron, ky — 08/25/2008

I work at the Old Navy distribution center (called the ONO) which deals with the outlet stores. I've been there 4 years. There have been good times and bad times but based on the questions here I gave it a decent rating.

The pay isn't the best, and the raises are performance based...the better you do your job the more you can potentially earn. But the benefits are great for the full-timers. I have very little problem getting days off when I need, and we are regularly rewarded for meeting our goals (this could be extra break time, pizza parties, or time off without pay.)

I like the people I work with for the most part. There are many foreign eomployees but they don't cause many problems in our building. They do great work and understand their jobs for the most part.

It can be a bit boring sometimes since we don't have radios in the warehouse anymore (saftey issue) and the summers are incredibly HOT!!!!! The building is very dirty no matter how much we clean. My job is dangerous considering I drive forklifts that go very fast and there is lots of stuff to bump your head on. But on the other hand you don't have to wear uniforms.

The hiring process is sketchy...sometimes they use temps and they get screwed over since they are at the bottom. Everything goes by seniority. But my immediate supervisor is great to work for and sticks up for what we do. That wasn't always the case though.

We have plenty of overtime if you want it, sometimes it's manditory. If we aren't busy and you still need money you can always volunteer to work in another department or the other Gap distribution center across the street.

It's a warehouse job. I clock in, do my job, and go home. I don't have to fold clothes, sell credit cards (like the clerks in the stores mentioned) nor do I have to deal with crazy/stupid/rude customers face to face.

From San Francisco, CA — 07/09/2008

I have to be fair because my situation is a special case, but overall, my time with Gap Inc. has been a good one. I was with them for 3 years and the time was so-so. The pay and the benefits were great. I had a manager who didn't really do anything and when our team complained about that, nothing really happened to the person. Given that, job security was pretty good. Speaking of job security, even if a person had left the company, within a year or two, that person is usually welcomed back. Since this was the HQ in San Francisco, on the Embarcadero, with my office overlooking the Bay Bridge, the location was nothing to sneeze about, especially when needing a view to daydream to.

From San Francisco — 02/25/2008

I work at the HQ in in San Francisco and I've been here nearly 3 years. I am a pretty level headed and honest person and I'd say that I Gap is a great place to work and grow as a person in your career. Each of the Brands )Outlet / Gap / BR / Old Navy) have their own culture (I'm in Outlet) but they all have common themes under the gap inc umbrella. I would highly recommend working at Gap.

From fishkill, ny — 02/05/2008

Great job. Pay could be more, but a very friendly environment that you wont hate going to daily.