Working at GAINSCO Auto Insurance — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about GAINSCO Auto Insurance pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at GAINSCO Auto Insurance

From Dalls, Texas — 08/01/2010

I too work for this company and recently overheard an employee talking about the website while in our lunch room. It seems pretty obvious that based on the name of the website (jobVENT.com) you should expect some of what you read on this site (all I mean is that it's not ILOVEMYJOB.com) I've worked for Gainsco for not a very long time although feel I have a decent enough perspective of what's going on with this company. The previous post is laughable and clearly written by someone who is disgruntled with the company and certain staff members. The individual he's obviously referencing is a good and decent guy and is always carries himself in a professional way. Yes, he seems insanely busy but from where I sit he always makes time when people approach him (which has been a lot of people as of late.) While I don't report directly to this person, I admire how he's handled the recent "raid" we've experienced from a competitor. I never intended to post anything on a site such as this but frankly I became a little upset after reading some of the negative and what I consider to be unjust posts. Readers beware. Provided one takes things in the proper context, I wouldn't imagine much value would be placed on anonymous postings from individuals that are clearly unhappy. I'm excited about some of the changes happening with Gainsco and feel good about furthering my own career by staying with this company. I'm confident in our team leaders and with management above them. I suppose everyone has an opinion. Just be cautious on how much weight you attach to a forum that allows someone to vent about almost anything or anyone and do it anonymously.

From Texas — 01/23/2010

A good company to work for. My coworkers are smart, the managers are sharp and consistent. Moderate growth opportunities but talent is recognized and compensated. I have worked much harder for far less.

From Dallas — 11/09/2009

The claims department in Dallas is head and shoulders the best part of the organization. Practically everyone from reps to leadership is committed to making Gainsco a great company and we're on the right track from what I can tell. Having worked at a few insurance companies this one has a very special feeling about how we approach our work. I'm excited to be part of this team and I look forward to our future. Many people on our team have come from much larger companies and from I'm able to tell, most love our work environment and the energy that's created each day. Gainsco is a company to keep your eye on!

From Dallas, TX — 10/27/2009

I have been with GAINSCO for almost a year now and I love it. I have great people around me that support each other. We work hard, but everyone works as a team...makes it better. I've certainly worked at much worse.