Working at Ford — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Ford pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Ford

From Greenville, SC — 07/23/2009

I really love my job. The pay is good, insurance benefits have been cut but we all have to make sacrifices when the economy is weak. Other benefits, such as vacation, life/vision insurance is good, stock savings plan is excellent. Those who are so unhappy with the job are probably those with no integrity. If you do not do the right thing, it is management's job to lead you down the right path. I am not paid for sitting here doing what I want to do all day. I am paid, very well, for doing the job I am needed to do to make Ford Credit successful and profitable. I like going home at night knowing that I was able to contribute and that I am truly appreciated.

From Henderson, Nevada — 02/02/2008

Long time employee that is sad to see that the hiring practices here have brought down the typical employee that was once hired at Ford Credit. Ford Credit used to hire 90% college grads for entry level customer service. Now, it's about 5%. Now, I don't necessarily think that you have to have a degree to be a good, competent customer service employee, but I can't believe some of the hires here. HR dictated that they attempt to get people with previous collections experience. Why on earth should HR be giving direction on hiring?

The monitoring of phone calls is a joke here. Even the supervisors hate it and think it's a joke. People can rail on customers and get away with it if their numbers are good and they like you. Really. They CAN fire you if you do something stupid, but it helps if you are part of a certain ethnic group.

The managers can be very condescending and try to stay in their offices as much as possible. The best managers have been run off or transfered to somewhere more desirable.

Good pay and a very clean, well kept building with nice gym. Nice part of town, too.