Work at Fidelity Investments — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Fidelity Investments pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Fidelity Investments

From Merrimack, NH — 04/02/2008

I know Fidelity is not the perfect place for everyone, but through my experiences so far I can say it is the perfect place for me.

I work on the phones in Merrimack, started on the bottom and have worked my way up. Its tough starting out. You're going to be answering general service and trading calls, day after day. It is frustrating, it is difficult. However, when you put your time in, step up and make a difference with clients, and also make those around you better colleagues through example, recognition and rewards do come.

I put a lot of time and effort into what I do at Fidelity, and Fidelity has always made me feel appreciated. My efforts have translated into numerous promotions and career advancements that drive me even more.

I have read most of the reviews on this site. I understand what everyone has said and I have known people in the past at Fidelity that have felt similar. The key word in that sentence being "past," because most of them aren't there any longer. Every company has employees that will complain about anything and everything, and most of these people fit into that category. They need to get over themselves for one moment and realize that everyone needs to start some where, just go out and do your job. When you do your job, do it well, and bring just a little bit something extra to the table, Fidelity rewards.

There is no other company that I would rather work for than Fidelity, and I expect to be there for many years to come. I encourage anyone who is passionate about helping people and enjoys a hard days work to come join me.

From Texas — 12/18/2007

I like my job. It's a pain to drive 30 miles both ways, but thats my fault, and short of selling my house, I ain't gonna do it. So I will live with it. The benefits are unreal. 7% match PLUS profit sharing of another 10% of your total pay. Health benefits are normal, but you get several choices and not stuck into one thing.

Corporate perks are simply amazing. Discounts on gym equipment, computers, cell phone, etc. Unreal. And you only got to be here 6 months to get the computer discount. Plus they give you up to $275 a year for gym stuff (I take martial arts and that falls into it).

I don't know why the other people here hate it, claiming only the "cute" ones get the promotions. I see some drop dead gorgeous girls who are stupid and don't get squat.

For those of you crying about it, its a call center job. What do you expect? I never get hasseled about numbers, MY manager treats me with respect. And I got my first promotion within 8 months (without any sucking up). Don't screw up and your job is safe. Pay is pretty good, but once you get the license you can go somewhere else. This is quite common though.

I have no problem getting out of overtime IF I don't want it. But I don't mind the overtime either.

From Boston, MA — 03/12/2007

Love the job

From Merrimack NH — 03/09/2007

I have only been with the company for 11 months and hate the way there are so many inconsistancies in the way things are done. You have a team called trade support that is suppose to help you when someone feels you may have done something wrong. That's a joke in itself. I have 2 trading errors against me because when we were trained we were givin incorrect information. 1 of those was compounded because the person who actually entered the secound half of the transaction in the client services group was incompitent and can't follow directions and sent a check instead of moving money electronically. The people who train you haven't traded in like 5 years. So I asked some people in my training class and other classes what they would have done for one of these trades and they said they would have done it the same way because that is how they were told to do it in class. Work Life balance is a joke. They tell you that you should really get some market knowledge to make you a better trader but want you to do it on your own time without pay and give you no guidance at all on the best way to do that. As far as respect goes, you are suppose to give respect to get it. Well customers don't have to respect you. They can call up and drop f bombs on you and say other things and you're suppose to sit there and take it. I have worked in the serice industry for 20 years and this is the first place that has ever told me to sit there and take it. Any other place would tell you to give the customer a warning and then allow you to hangup if it continues.