Working at Fidelity Information Services — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Fidelity Information Services pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Fidelity Information Services

From Malvern, PA — 01/22/2010

Crap company all around. Pay raises are stupid small even if you bust your butt all year working weekends and nights. No respect at all from the half wit managers who try to sell you the company line. Health Plans change every year and the premiums go up every year as well. Execs are rewarded for hitting clients in the head with trophies and womanizing. Tons of infighting between managers and departments and if you want anthing done expect red tape. On the positive side there are a lot of very smart people working here and deserve better treatment from management...The bottom line is the rule at FIS. If you can live with that then you will be fine. If you are going to work here treat it as a business deal that you can walk away from at any time because that is how they will treat you.

From Maitland, FL — 06/25/2008

I was hired here shortly after my college graduation and have been pretty happy with the company's performance in the national and global markets. I have a lot of faith in our products, and I know for a fact that our clients (mainly large banks and other financial companies) need us to keep doing business. From that standpoint, the company is very secure and solid. It will not be falling apart anytime soon and it can survive the worst economy conditions.

However, your own job is not as secure ANYMORE. It used to be - the company is crawling with veterans, most management level employees have been here for 10+ years, many business analysts too. The problem is, for whatever reason, they are starting to replace people with technology, and I personally was asked to pretty much automate my job for them. I don't think this is a bad decision for them, it's genius, but I do think that employee morale goes down when you feel like you are undoing their need for you.

Who knows, it may be that they try to replace people with technology before they promote them, I may be worrying too much.

All in all, the physcial work environment is very nice, people are extremely professional, those who have been here 10+ years obviously are not as technically savvy as many of the newbies but the company still functions in great harmony having both types.

This is a GREAT name for your resume. But always, always, keep your resume out there in case that day comes where they say "we really like you, you're great, but are forced to..."

From St petersburg florid — 03/22/2008

The pay for our department is decent. we have received about $1.00 per hour raises we weren't even expecting the last year and a half plus others. Our manager is really good and treats all the quality employees or even employees who try to do right but catch on slow with respect. everyone treats me with respect b/c I do the same but of course not everyone in the department gets along but its that way everywhere. Benefits decent even though we have up to a 4,000$ deductible if we had a big hospitol bill but the company contributes $1000 toward dedictible per year so if you don't go to the doc then eventually you have enough in the kitty to not pay a dedictible. also they offer stock option where they offer 33% of what you contribute every 3 months. Job security not great b/c our division represents thousands of small to large financial institutions and many of the small (appx 60% of our business) are represented by one large company who has threatened to leave us and pull their intitutions if we do not get enough cases worked for them. and the amount they demand we work is impossible without having alot of things expidited and our company assuming losses for many rep errors and system errors. I would just guess that for 2007 we must have lost over $1,000,000 just on rep and system errors and I don't think we grossed that much. Work/life balance is good. they require an 8 hour day and we can pick our own schedule between 7 to 6:30, alot of times there is voluntary over time. Co worker competence is getting better although when we hire our 7 people training classes about once every 3 to 4 months to keep up with attrition 1 or 2 of the 7 will guess at or be dumbfounded at everything they do and get fired, 1 will get fired or quit within 90days for attendance, and the another 3 on average might last a year and be average at best. 1 out of the 7 is usually a superstar with great attendance, attitude and exceeds quota. Work environment is cool b/c we get to listen to our radios with earphones all day and the work at least for me is pretty easy. All and All i'd say it's a good company with some growth potential but I think I'm gonna use it as a stepping stone to a better paying job where we aren't depending on the business of a bunch of other banks and one big one that could remove their business and elimiate 60% of our workload which is very likely to happen at some point.

From Maitland, FL — 12/12/2007

No company is perfect, and every job will have its flaws while you are adapting. For this particular location of this company, the "honeymoom period" is 6 months. You have to really follow the rules and continue to impress your superiors for those 6 months, but you also get a little slack when you're not sure how to get something done, so it balances out.

I love the size of FIS. We're huge - national and global on several levels. To me, this is an advantage. It adds the job security because as no single person is a real liability on their own, and if you ever make mistake, you're not really causing much harm in the big sea of things going on. The size factor also adds power and ability - the company can afford to have nice office space and provides really nice equipment. I commented on the processing speed of my computer and, although a new employee, I got a brand new HP workstation with a new monitor and triple the power.

Definitely the right company for recent graduates and long-term oriented professionals in the technological, computer, financial, and client services industries.