Working at Ferguson Enterprises — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Ferguson Enterprises pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Ferguson Enterprises

From NC — 01/21/2010

Poor Poor Poor

From Johnson City, TN — 12/16/2009

Old School Management Style and Managers not involved with day to day business, to busy running personal business ventures, tenure style system, bonus paid based on emotion not specific criteria or goals, very disappointing opportunity

From arizona — 11/22/2008

I am currently an employee of Ferguson Ent. and amazed at some of the commens listed above!I am a minority woman and started there through a temp agency with nothing but a GED, after 3 months i was hired on as a permanent employee.1 year later i was making more money than some people with a degree. This simply came from showing dedication to mu job. I give them a high 5 for this! I have never had a problem with being disrespected and love the open door policy with management! Managers are great at praising employees and rewarding.They do an excellent job of keeping emploees, customers and vendors happy! Medical premiums are quite affordable with an excellent RX program! Ofcourse during these times nobody really knows how secure their job is so this is my only low score and it is not even the fault of ferguson.While it is very sad people are loosing their jobs, it is understandable. This is the only job that has told me from the beginning that if i needed any time of for family affairs that it was no problem, whether it be field trips, award ceremonys, doctors, dentist appopintments, its never been a problem! sick children understandable! our family are always welcomed when visiting us there, it's great! so i give them a 5 on work life balance because ive even been paid for those hours ive taken off due to their very rewarding vacation accruel system! 2 floating holidays, any day off in your birthday month, sick and regular vacation i cant complain! They are great at advancing postions within the company and always prefer to do so first so i give them a 5! Locations are great and placed perfectly for business-5!. co workers are well educated and respected by both customers and eachother, and lets not forget those vendors! complaints are rare and letters of recognition are consistent and frequent! I always here from customers and friends/family of how great their sales person was and how educated they were on the product! employees sound and look happy all the time because we are treated well there, and we know better than most! I have never felt more comfortable and more thankful for any other job!

From Raleigh, NC — 10/22/2008

A friend of mine told me about this site so I went in just to see what people were saying about their employers and was shocked to see someone post something so negative about the exact location where I work, the shared purchasing center in Raleigh. I can't imagine who this person is, but they must have some sort of axe to grind because their assessment is way off base from my daily experiences. Ferguson has always been a very fair employer and our office and the management team are top notch.

Pay / I have found the pay to be fair for the job we are expected to do. To say that our work could be done by monkeys is just silly.

Respect / Like anywhere, you can expect the same level of respect from others that you provide. There is a high level of respect throughout the office. Anyone who feels disrespected must not be showing anyone any respect themselves. The occurence mentioned in the posting from October 5th was taken way out of context and must have only been halfway listened to. I did hear our manager talking about a phone interview he had with someone, but if I recall, his statement was that he had only heard good things about that person and that it was a good phone interview and that the person was being underutilized in their current position and jokingly said that they might be overqualified for our department. There was never any confidentiality breach as no specifics about the person or the call were mentioned that I heard. I could not believe the poster would even suggest there is ever any sexist or racist remarks in our office. Nothing could be further from the truth. There are occasions where a bad word can be heard because we work in an office of connected cubicles, but no one engages in open profanity or harsh words to one another. That comment was made up by the poster to somehow try to further their obvious agenda against our workplace. They are way off.

Benefits / I will say that a company the size of Ferguson should have lower costing insurance. The premiums are quite high, but they have a lot of options. I do think the cost is too high, though.

Job Security / Obviously in the current economic environment, no one's job is 100 percent safe. We work in the construction industry which is being particularly hard hit. I do feel like we would be afforded options rather than being simply let go, though. Our manager has always been very fair with everyone.

Work/Life Balance / While it's true we are expected to work 50 hours per week and that our pay scale is hard to explain, it is just a fact that the industry in which we work dictates the number of hours we work. Also, time off, leaving early or coming in late when needed is never an issue if we have to work around our life schedule. As stated before our manager and management team is very fair and encourages balance in our work and life.

Career Potential/Growth / Ferguson is a very large company and in an improved economy the potential would be almost limitless. Anyone not seeing this is very short sighted and must have no desire to improve themselves.

Location / Our location is awesome. Traffic to leave after work is a little tough within the complex of Highwoods buildings, but that is a small trade off for the awesome location.

Co-worker Competence / My co-workers are very competent in what they do and we all do a good job. Our jobs require decision making and we are given a chance to succeed. The person who wrote that the people at the branches need training is correct. My co-workers are great and have to be competent to be able to help the branches operate.

Work Environment / The poster from October 5th wrote about elementary school and how the manager has a choice 2-3 people that he spends time with and how he encourages childish behavior. That is just plain crazy! We work in a stressful industry and we take every opportunity to enjoy what we are doing and who we are with. There are a couple of people in the office who are immature to the point of being silly at times, but hey, whatever it takes to make it through the day, right? Our manager encourages open discussion (it's hard not to in an office of cubicles)and generally enjoys the company of everyone in the office. He makes it a point to speak to everyone and does not show any favoritism, that I can see. The October 5th poster must just not like the manager of the shared purchasing center and probably just avoids him or has never bothered to get to know him because he has always tried to make our department a fun place to work. Everyone that I know likes him. All I can say is that if the person who posted that garbage from October 5th is so unhappy, they need to go try to find somewhere else to work. I, in particular enjoy being part of a great company like Ferguson and in the shared purchasing center.

From Orlando, FL — 03/20/2008

I started with Ferguson as a truck driver for $10 an hour. Five years, three promotions, and several raises later I'm a Warehouse Manager with an annual income over $70K.

Ferguson rewards results. If you produce, you move up. If you don't, you won't last. Yes, the hours are long and the work is hard. As everyone else has said, you have to be willing to accept limits on your personal life, because you don't have much time for one.

I work with some incredibly talented, motivated, and fun-loving people. Lots of companies make the claim that they're a "family." At many Ferguson branches that is pretty close to the truth.

Every company has it's strengths and weaknesses. I've found Ferguson to be, by far, the best company I've ever worked for.

From Louisville, KY — 02/06/2007

All in all, ferguson isnt a bad company to work for. It really differs from region to region though. The region i worked for, our staffing was cut in half since i started because they tried to grow too fast. I saw people who had been there 10+ years get laid off. They seemed to use MT's as cheap labor. You work a minimum of 50 hours per week and I was given the impression that if you didnt make work your first priority in your life, that you really didnt have a chance to succeed there. They frowned upon you having a life outside of work. As far as bonuses go, it depends on how lucky you are in your placement. If you enter a very successful branch, you can earn great bonuses. I worked my butt off, but because my location was struggling i earned a minimum bonus, where other MT's earned 8 fold what i earned. If you are looking into a Ferguson I'd strongly recommend that you look at the regional ferguson environment because they are all very different from region to region.

From Cali — 12/17/2006

Great entry level pay. Much higher than the average entry level jobs. ESPECIALLY ENTERPRISE. I started off at $45k (compared to $32K at erac) here in Cali plus bonuses and awesome benefits. The people are great. Tons of room for advancement. Ferguson is a growing company. Three years into I make close to $60K with my bonuses and that isn't bad for a 25 year old. Great company overall

From anytown, USA — 12/04/2006

The showroom/sales training program is pretty easy to get into and attacts a lot of B / C students and is pretty much similar to Enterprise BUT their credit training program is a gold mine if you can get into it. I think there are a round 7 spots nationwide each year compared to thousands for the sales positions. Overall, if you are "corporate" you have a good gig!