Working at Federated Insurance — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Federated Insurance pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Federated Insurance

From Owatonna, MN — 03/24/2010

I work at Federated now, and I love it. I've got great training, great access to decent benefits and if I find that I am really unhappy I've got opportunity to find something else within the company. I guess I've found the company's policies to be strict, yes, but fair. Perhaps it's the area I work in, I don't know. But it's nothing like some of the negative things I've read. Too bad for those folks. Life isn't alwasy handed to you - Federated will certainly help if you're willing to work!

From Owatonna, MN — 02/10/2010

Federated, like the vast majority of employers in today’s marketplace, has implemented a standard and reasonable social networking policy that is intended to protect Federated, its customers, and its employees from harassment, defamation and disruption.
The post below regarding Federated’s policy is false and misleading. It is most likely another obvious attempt to defame Federated, posted on behalf of a disgruntled former employee of Federated who has been charged with several felonies for theft of corporate property and perjury (lying under oath).
Expect them to post a response to this comment, denying they made the post.

From Owatonna MN — 11/15/2009

I used to work for this company but moved on to what I thought was bigger and better things. I miss this fine institution! The people were top notch and the atmosphere was exceptional. Now I understand they have built a beautiful new facility, good for them! And good for the people of Owatonna.
They truly value hard working, honest employees. However, they don't accept mediocrity or outright criminal activity (big surprise). You may come across a blog that tries to totally misrepresent this company. Don't believe a word ot it! It was created by the wife of an ex-employee who was charged with felonies for stealing company secrets!

From Owatonna, MN - Field — 09/11/2008

My feedback is coming from my personal perspective, as the spouse of an employee. My husband works in Field Services in our home state. When he initially interviewed with Federated, I was leary of the fact that I had to be part of his final interviews as well. After experiencing the interviews, I now believe it is terrific that there is a company out there that places such an emphasis on job fit. When they would ask my husband questions, they would also observe my reaction to his answers....brilliant. He has been with Federated for a few years now, and has earned multiple pay increases and promotions. He is well respected by people in the field as well as the home office. Work-Family balance is fantastic. If you meet the expectations of the job (which are very clear and structured), you have the autonomy to be able to see your kid's ball games and be flexible with your hours when family obligations arise. I cannot speak highly enough of this company. It is a company who places a huge emphasis on the character and integrity of the people it hires, and it shows.

From Canada — 01/12/2008

Small company, old school management, works work, managers manage, highly controlled and structured, procedural based management, tight controls, high bureacracy, hasn't adapted to labour shortage and employee needs, high turnover (50%+ per year) for support roles, difficult to advance, neoptism and favoritism is encouraged (employ relatives and get paid referal bonuses for hiring your son/daughter), etc, poor work environment, management doesn't care about employees