Working at FASTSIGNS International, Inc. — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about FASTSIGNS International, Inc. pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at FASTSIGNS International, Inc.

From Carrollton, TX — 04/06/2010

I have worked for large and small companies. I have personally seen FASTSIGNS International Inc. step up and help a franchisee when they had no obligation to do so. Not once or twice but many times. I truly believe that the vast majority of people that work in Carrollton are committed to franchisee growth. This is not a perfect company, just a really good one.
It is very easy to anonymously post messages that have no basis in fact. Here are some facts: The number of Directors and VP’s is “unbelievable”. If you exclude the executive team; 18.6% of the FII/NAC staff has are directors or vice presidents. I do not know if that is high or low for a company the size of FII but I do know that most of the director positions are working jobs. Benefits with our new CEO have been eliminated. The fact is that for the first time in our history we saw negative sales growth, decreased sales mean decreased operating revenue. These changes were in place before our new CEO came on board. The cuts in benefits and staff have been hard decisions but in my opinion, necessary. We did not cut support staff; in fact we have more direct first line support staff than before the staff reductions. CEO Retired, President quit, brought new Management in. The founder and CEO did retire, although he remains the Chairman of the Board of Directors. The President did leave to start his own business and two of the executive management team have left and been replaced. Horrible company now with tons of locations closing. From someone in the company I think it is a great company to work for. Any FASTSIGNS center that closes is a loss, and we have experienced more FASTSIGNS centers closing this past year than ever before. In fact, last year we had more centers close than the previous five years combined. FII has a team in place working to save centers from closing, but sometimes we are not successful. All upper management besides the recently placed CEO has been in place for 15+ years and have little experience outside Fastsigns and limited business acumen. Completely untrue, FII does have a great number of staff that has been with FII for more than 10 years and many more than 15 years. This speaks to the quality of the company. The FASTSIGNS management team is made up of people with experience from many different businesses, both in and out of franchising.
Instead of wishing that the economy was in better shape or that things were better, I come into work each day trying to make it better. I believe that most of the people I work with share the same feeling.

From Carrollton, TX — 04/05/2010

I have been a FASTSIGNS owner for almost 15 years. My location is average in volume. I had grown disillusioned with FII the past several years. I felt they were bureaucratic and out of touch with the challenges we owners face. Then the new CEO was brought in and my attitude towards FII has significantly improved. She came and visited me in my FASTSIGNS. Neither the founder nor the prior president ever did that. In fact, no senior managers had. She did, asked my opinions, listened, took notes. A few weeks later, she got back to me on all the items she said she would and even a few more. I attended the Town Hall meeting and was impressed with the detailed seminar she gave. I benefitted from the Fast Forward ideas shared over many months on how to grow sales and reduce costs. New contracts have lowered my expenses. I have listened to every one of the conference calls held for the franchisees; I appreciate her direct and honest style. Most of all, I appreciate that the company is now focused on improving my profitability. In the past, all they cared about was my sales volume. I like having two FBCs and I have already had more visits and interaction with them in the past few months than the prior several years combined. I have started working on my business plan. I feel renewed enthusiasm towards my business and FII. I attribute this to the new CEO. Yes, she had to make expense cuts and lay off some staff. I had to do the same. We have been through the toughest economy in my life. My take on these negative posts is this: disgruntled employees who don't want to adapt and former employees who are trying to "get even". My advice: take some personal responsibility and get a life.

From Carrollton, TX — 04/05/2010

I am very pleased with the quality of the new CEO and the personal touch she provides. I sincerely appreciate her responsiveness and the way she conduct's business. I have recommended FASTSIGNS to others because of my personal satisfaction with the service they provide on a day to day basis. I look forward to being part of the business for years to come. This is one of the most successful Frachises in the network. The negative comments are obviously from former employees. Yes there was belt tightening, but we were in a horrible position with the new CEO took over. If it wasnt for her guidance and clear motivation, I dont think the company would have survived.

From Carrollton, TX — 04/04/2010

Been here for over 3 years. We seemed to be adrift with a semi retired founder and a president who was a really nice man but not a leader. We seemed to react to any negative post a franchisee put in our intranet site. A new CEO was brought in at a tough time: deep recession and falling same store sales. She has rallied the franchisees, has spent enormous time in the field and in front of franchisees as well as getting employee input on how to improve the company. Sure, i wish raises were not frozen and that bonus and 401K were not put on hold, but I understand the belt-tightening. I read the newspaper and watch TV. I have seem the team work hard to help struggling franchisees stay in business or help them find someone to buy the center. I think we have a good vision and plan to move the company forward. I think we all need to take personal responsibility to work hard, help the franchisees and make the company even more successful. I forsee growth opportunity for those of us that contribute.

From Carrollton, TX — 04/01/2010

Although the franchisees are great and for the most part are intelligent, driven, business people, the corporate office thrives on mediocrity. All upper management besides the recently placed CEO has been in place for 15+ years and have little experience outside Fastsigns and limited business acumen (former President didn't even have a college degree). Accountability is non-existent and there are more "VPs" and "Directors" than front line employees.

Would recommend Fastsigns as a business venture - but not as a place to be from a corporate employee perspective (unless you too strive for mediocrity!).