Working at FactSet — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about FactSet pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at FactSet

From New York — 09/04/2010

Pay is not the best but it's not bad either. It balances out since they provide good health insurance, buy us lunch, and provide us abundant of snacks and drinks. Good way to keep us at our desk since everything is already there.

You typically start out in Consulting if you're not coming in as engineers. They promote highest performing consultants after a couple of years being stuck on phone support. Being on support is the best way to learn the products very well and learn about different clients' investment processes. It makes sense that they promote from within for most positions since those positions require specialized knowledge with the products.

Although the best consultants are promoted, the path is very limited. You can choose the path of Sales or Development. After a couple of years, you will have enough knowledge in the finance area to work for a bank. I noticed that people either stay there for over 10 years or leave after 2-3 years.

From Norwalk, Ct — 05/21/2008

Pay: FactSet employs many recent college grads, so the starting pay is very competitive with any other entry level job. they promote from within and are generous with bonuses (2x year). I do think the starting salaries could be higher.

Respect: Pretty good, you dont want to step on anybodys toes - you won't be held in high regard. if you work hard and bring good ideas to the table, you'll earn your spot here. there are some people who have been here too long and think they run the place, when they really aren't very senior at all.

Benefts: Great. I pay nothing for medical. We get free lunch too. Always a whole kichen full of snacks, drinks, fruit, coffee, etc.

Job Security: Good. Company is growing very rapidly and has been for the last umpteen years.

Work/Life: I've never had a problem. You do have to work hard and put in hours if you want to get promoted, but I've never had an issue if i need to leave for an appointment.

Career growth: promote from within, most people are promoted w/in 2 years

Location: lots of cities in the US

Work environment: fun. lots of smart young people here. the offices are state of the art, they put a lot into keeping employees happy. it can be a little incestual at times...everyone starts out here young, so there are countless numbers of factset couples and a few factset weddings every year. everyone parties together.

From Norwalk , Ct. — 04/20/2008

Factset give us free lunch, mon.thru thurs. however it is w/the expectation that we work thru our lunch, and break. The service that Factset provides is also allocated towards our yearly salaries. Therefore if you analyse my over all ratings and apply the brief facts that I have provided for you judge for your self.