Working at expressjet — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about expressjet pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at expressjet

From Shreveport, La — 05/21/2009

Great company, lousey city and state.

From Cleveland, Ohio — 04/05/2009

Expressjet maintenance in CLE has to be the best place to work, hands down. It has a great group of knowledgeble and experienced individuals who will harass the ones who are not as mechanically inclined, lazy, or just plain stupid and shouldnt be working on aircraft at all by giving them crude nick names and making fun of them endlessly until they are so embarrassed, they either quit or sue.
The Leads here are definetly not obsolete as their role here is to pass the orders from the supervisors to the mechanics.
The inspection department seems to be paid the best as it is obvious none of them seem to be starving with the average height and weight at about 6ft/280. A truly jolly group of guys, mostly because their supervisor nurtures and cares for them so well. And he is always available as he will always answer his phone.
Maintenance supervision however, is second to none. They will sell their own mothers souls to get a plane out of the hangar and up in the air. If you get hurt and are unable to perform your job duties, they are more than willing to give you other work like pulling weeds, washing windows, painting floors, washing their trucks, or just cleaning the hangar.
The location of Cleveland, Ohio is pleasant because it is only winter here for 9 months. And the medical benefits get better every year. We should have a 50/50 plan sometime in the near future.
Upper management is also special. They are always making sure we don't get things, or taking things away that we don't deserve, like using vacation days one at a time. God knows I need to take a full week of vacation to be at my childs birthday party.
Our union gives us superior representation as well. During concession negotioations, the company wanted to give us 7% pay cuts. But the union strong-armed them down to 6.92%. and now that contract negotioations are coming up, we are one of their highest priorities as they will get around to it when it will better convenience them.
While we do get punished often here, its only because we deserve it. What better airline to fly than one where the employees are happy.