Working at Esurance — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Esurance pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Esurance

From NY — 04/26/2010

In the New York office,there are some managers(like the PIP,BI,TOTAL LOSS and PD(male),that are willing to work with you.All the other ones are there for themselves.The claims manager and his asst are hard working and try to listen to you.The jobs get out of control when people quit or are let go for what ever reason,they expect you to do your work plus the 3 or4 that were let go with no reason at all and they won't even listen to you but they say you should be glad you have a job,so we sit here in misery everyweekend.

From USA — 03/08/2010

Hey, we got raises and bonuses this year...why aren't you all complaining about that?

From NY — 03/04/2010

The Raises are a joke!

From Madison — 07/23/2009

This could be a great place to work if they could get rid of about half of the office. There are many good people out there looking for jobs and these people need to get a clue they are replaceable.

Upper management needs to listen to what is really going on in this office and do something about it. Not ask for opinions and sit and do nothing. They are right many people working here are in the wrong position and need to move on just to find out the next company will expect you to work for the money also.

As for the UM she needs to go talk about incompetent doesn't know the first clue about managing. Sits and blames everything on corporate or sits and complains with them just making things worse.

Benefits are just ok better then nothing.

Career potential is out there if the company grows.

From USA — 05/26/2009

I am reading some of these reviews and im blown away... anyone who is reading these whiny brats needs to know that there are a lot of 1st or 2nd round insurance people working here who dont know how bad the industry as a whole really is. The amount of features a claim rep is required to handle (over the phone mind you) is about half of what you normally see elsewhere. The company pays the best, has rewarded good performers with bonuses and pay raises (except for last year) and is really presenting a nice place to work.

Last year we got passed over for bonuses but still got raises. The reason we lost our bonuses is because of the spineless UM's that pay amything and everything for no reason other than to get it off their plate. If there is one that thing needs to be changed in this company its the UM's not the upper management just the middle management. Those cowards are the who are bending the numbers to make them look like star performers and those wimps are the ones to throw anyone and everyone under the bus at a moments notice.

outside of those dingle berries this is a pretty damn nice place to work.

From Dallas,TX — 02/13/2009

I have set back to long without speaking my peace about this company. At one time Esurance was the place to be among insurance companies. But now it has turned into another job that just pays the bills. Some may say that the management is the problem, and though that play a major role in the poor performance of that office, I think some of the front line workers play an even bigger role. There are some people in that office that have such a bad attitude, and are miserable in their own lives. So they decide to make everyone else miserable. They don't want to work their claims, they don't want to take claims, and they don't want to answer their PHONE!!!! They call in every other day. And except us (the people who do come to work everyday) to pick up their slack. Do us a favor, if you hate your job so much OUIT!!! I'm almost positive there is someone out there that really wants your job and can probably do a heck of a lot better than you. I will not name names, but if you work in that office you know who we are talking about. Management needs to do some "Spring Cleaning" and get rid of the dead weight, so we can get this office back to where it needs to be. Now to the management!! What can I say; I have absolutely no respect for any manager up there. Whatever they say to me goes in one ear and right out the other. They are to busy trying to see what new fashions the other one has on, no one is managing a thing! They sit in each others cubes all day gossiping about what they did at a club that weekend. Itís absolutely ridiculous and I am sick of it!!! There are constant whispers and giggling all day long, you would think we were in high school all over again. I know that what they do after hours is their business, but when your "friendships" start interfering and affecting the business, itís a big problem. There are managers sleeping with managers, managers sleeping with subordinates etc. I do not want to work in this type of environment. And if continues to go on, I will be going to the proper person (s), who will handle it. There are a group of people that hang out all the time, and all I can say about that is they better be careful what they do in front of those "friends" because they are putting all your business out for everyone to know. This office is over run with clicks, poor management, and sorry front line workers and upper management needs to do something about it. I truly feel bad for the people that come to work everyday and actually come there to work. They are being lead by terrible example and I hope they do not decide to leave before it gets better.

From San Francisco — 01/30/2009

Respect: give it to get it.
Benefits: three weeks vacation the first year! Get paid if health insurance is with another carier. ie spouse. Discounts with cell phone, fitness providers and others
Job security: There is no job security these days with any employer. My previous employer outsourced my position after 10 great rewarded years.
Work/Life Balance: A little difficult - department is limited staffed.
Career Potential ? Growth: Limited availability mainly in the highly technical skill area. But no vacancies. Hold on to your job!!
Location: Nice, close to BART.
Co-worker Competence: Very Competent. Some a little cocky, and stuffy, but whatever...
Work environment: Cubes, big windows with ocean view, available showers for the fitness buffs, large lunch room
I believe life is what you make it. I choose to live and let live. Look on the bright side of every thing. I have a job, my health, life....... stop and smell the roses.

From HAUPPAUGE NY — 11/23/2008

The pay is okay, I receive a salary when so many are unemployed.
Managers are friendly. Benefits are okay. Job security I don't know about, how long can Esurance continue without turning a profit? I love the flex-time. Growth potential is there since people have left the company which means opportunity for those who stay to take their spots. I like the office and the location. Most of my co-workers are competent, and I like them, a few don't really know what they're doing. The work environment would be so much better if that bleached blond whiner were gone. I wish sh ewould stop stabbing people in the back and would stop complaining about the UMs and the office manager while smiling in their faces, such a phoney! Thank God for her maternity leave, a break for all of us. Anyway, overall I'm happy with Esurance.

From San Francisco, CA — 11/18/2008

This is a company that has lost its competitive edge and management has no clue what to do. "Quote, Buy, Print" was a great concept for auto insurance in early 2000, now everyone has copied them and growth has stopped. Management is still desperate to grow but no longer knows how or what to do. They should do a shake-up but senior management is such an entrenched group of 'good ole boys' they are not going to change. Nobody cares if you are happy or satisfied Employee suggestions are ignored. If you are good at managing up and kissing butt you will be fine. If you are not good at that or make the slightest mistake you will be relegated to the doghouse. The s* does roll down hill and blame storming seems to be a pastime of management. Promotions, even for strong employees, are rare. Most people stay at the same level/position for 2-4 years (or longer!). Career development from mid-level management is non-existent, they are all too busy kissing up to senior management. The company is cheap and prides itself on the fact. Most employees no longer care about the company or have any motivation to perform. On the positive, most people are great as is the office location. Pay is on the low end but tolerable. Bonuses are at managements discretion.

From NY — 10/05/2008

Stop all the crying! be happy you have a job! I go to work and they actually give me work to do!! waaa waaa