Working at Ernst & Young — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Ernst & Young pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Ernst & Young

From Irvine, CA — 05/05/2010

Within the tax professionals, I think the pay is adequate. It is not that great for those below manager, but things get better as one learns more, performs to a higher level, and advances. On the other hand, advancement is somewhat political and competitive. The firm has been very flexible with me, so it would be hard to be critical of work/life balance. The benefits are outstanding, in my view. Job security is relatively poor, but given the recent recession, and that personnel represent the largest cost for the accounting profession....it is hard to see how this firm did anything different than other similar companies. The best things about the job, from my perspective, has been the flexibility and benefits, and the worst thing has been the job security. It may not be the most awesome place to work, but its okay.

From New York — 02/02/2010

I have been at the company for close to 3 years and this company constantly pats itself on the back for being on Fortune 100s best companies to work for and it is not 100% accurate. This MAY be true for fresh college grads just starting out in the working world, but the company does NOT do anything to help their EXPERIENCED hire get motivated and help recognize their talents and assist in helping them move into other positions within the company. I've encountered other employees who are very unsatisfied as well. Again, it may be good to start your career and move around but not good for experienced hires/midcareer people.