From North Carolina — 01/06/2008
I have been working for ERAC for 3 years, and you people complaining are idiots. First off, this is a great place to work. As for those of you complaining about the money, you never worked your way into management, you sucked at this type of job,"IT IS A JOB IN SALES", selling yourself, your products, and your business. Anyone who is or was a business major in college is making a great decision by starting you working life at ERAC. The hours are excessive, and yes it is by the hour when you start, but as soon as you get your first Assistant Manager spot, you go to salary and commision, and if you are good at what you do and can train your people bellow you, you will make plenty of money. This job pays based on effort, your hard work in the begining pays your boss, when your the boss, it works the same way for you.
Respect is something that you earn, at ERAC, you have the ability to meet business owners and executives of other companies, while selling yourself and your business to them, "THIS IS GROWING YOU AS A BUSINESS PERSON".
Benefits are what they are anywhere, you have them.
Job Security, yes it is rare to be fired for anything, driving record is the leading reason, and making a huge ass of yourself in front of the wrong executives would do the trick as well, but nothing you wouldn't get fired for anywhere else.
Work Life Balance is a struggle, but you have to make give a little to get a little.
Career Growth, This is the game set and match. This is 100% of what you make it, like I said before, people complaining just weren't made out for this, but you work hard, and they do reward hard work. I have been promoted 5 times in 2 years, all with pay increases, some they gave me, some I got from hard work, again this is commision based.
Location, their are 100's of thousands of offices and more opening daily.
Co-Work Competence, 90% of the people I work with are the cream of the crop, the other 10% are idiots, I will admit, but there are plent of those in any job, I assure you of that, but those idiots are the same ones calling everyone else the incompetent employees, "THERE ARE A TON OF INVIOUS PEOPLE".
Work Environment, you make it what it is, I make my offices a fun and friendly place to work. I love to have fun and and play stupid office games to keep up moral, and the almost every person I have been in the office with have become my friends.
So that is that, to all those people who hate ERAC, I wish the best for you, but GM is in my future.