Working at Einstein Industries — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Einstein Industries pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Einstein Industries

From san diego, ca — 02/13/2009

Einstein has great products a great working environment that provides the opportunity to make unlimited amount of money depending on how good and hard you are willing to work. Like every other company in America the recession has slowed (but not stopped) the companies growth. The CEO tried to grow the company too quickly and the recession hit. He decided either pay some people late or lay people off... What would you do? Any one who has an eye for opportunity knows Einstein is a great place to work and gain a lot of experience/knowledge. This company will continue to be a leader in the health care/legal marketplace for years to come. Innovators in internet marketing, no question about it.

From San Diego, CA — 12/30/2008

Yes, Einstein is having some major challenges right now. Last I checked so is GM, Washington Mutual, The Tribune Company, etc. etc. etc. The checks have been late, but everybody gets paid, which is more than you can say for many other companies. Anyone who was laid off received all pay due them. I rate job security as zero, but that applies to most other companies as well.

Pay and benefits could be better, but everyone who is now writing negative reviews knew that when they accepted the position they had. Senior management is respectful of the employees. They have blundered by not communicating paycheck status, but they are doing better in that area.

The work environment is very good now. The negative thinkers and whiners are now gone; some of them have commented on this site. Those left are working very hard, getting paid (late, but getting paid)and are doing all they can to help the company through this tough time.

The location in Mira Mesa is fine. Good freeway access, services are plentiful around the area the office is located. The building the company is located in is not a place you want your family and friends to come to visit you at.

The co-workers there are great. Very intelligent, very talented people. The sales reps. sometimes over-promise, like sales people do. But they are good people who know the industry very well. Work/life balance is good, you can leave your work at the office if you want to.

Einstein is an entrepreneurial, Internet marketing/website development company. Is it any surprise that the company is going to struggle during a recession? Those who have left should speak well of the company and take the high road. We who are left wish you well in your future endeavors.

From Mira Mesa — 08/14/2008

I love this place too.

There are great people here.

If you do not like it here, please leave.

Most of us are here because we really like each other and we like the environment.

I have heard the same complaints many times before.

People don't realize how good it is here until they leave and go to some place that is even worse.

I have allot of really good friends that I have made here that are now miserable in their new jobs.

I have been frustrated about certain things too, but i am not going to sit back and let people ruin this.

Allot of us have been here for a long time and our families depend on this place.

Some people are going to be negative no matter where they go.

I really want this company and these people to succeed, and i am going to do everything that i can to make sure it does.

It may not be cool to talk that way in public, but i know that i am not the only one that feels that way.

Even the most negative people have learned some really great skills and are delivering really great products.

They should be able to easily get new jobs.

From San Diego, CA — 08/14/2008

Pay: One of the lowest in the industry compared to all my other jobs with the same position.
Yearly Salary: When I left I was $35k for being there for nearly 2 years. I immediately got a new job for the same position with a starting salary of $45k.
Respect: I scored 3 here because I have high respect for my co-workers and my immediate superiors. That's it. Going higher in the corporate hierarchy, I have no respect for them since I believe they do not respect me. But overall respect in the company, it existed but not company wide.
Benefits: Just what is required by law. Nothing special.
Job Security: Definitely a temporary job. Not a company to stay a long time with.
Work Life Balance: Contrary to others... it was quite easy to get vacations and some time off half-days that I sometimes work for on weekends so i get no salary deductions. My time was quite flexible even if it was not in company policy. I had my ways with my superiors and that is one thing I liked at EII.
Career Potential/Growth: If you are a novice web designer, there is a lot of growth here in learning. In education. Tableless CSS designs. EII producess some of the best. You will learn. Thus your career will grow. But not at Einstein for good. I can say EII helped me grow in knowledge and knowledge is money to me.
Location: Very near home for my case. But overall, along Mira Mesa, lot's of restaurants, fast food chains to choose from for lunch. Almost everything is there.
Co-Worker Competence: Co-workers were all great. Sales people and integration consultants were also somewhat the best in what they do although annoying sometimes. Quality work was really coming out of EII. Quality control is also one of the best that I have never seen anywhere. Project management system using the EIS was also the best. Everyone was really highly skilled. Only upper management was a problem.
Work Environment: It was pretty laid back in my case. Although you are filled with tons of projects everyday and seemed to be never ending, I was still able to finish everything in record time with room to spare to "play around." And I could probably say I worked faster than others, but I never worked more than I should.

Generally, even if I do not like working at Einstein, the good points are:
- I learned a lot
- Work had good quality
- Advanced technical knowledge of a team
- Sales people were great (based on dollar sales figures, not based on relationship with production team)
- It was nice working with the other members of the production team. Knowledge sharing was great.
- Einstein Information System (EIS) the proprietary project management tool, account management tool, customer support and sales tool, reporting tool was really good.
- Time was flexible for me even if it was not part of company policy.
- When Kozy Corner deli was still there, a walking distance, the sandwiches were really good for breakfast.
- When Director of Marketing was still the sexy hot chick and some cute writers to look at.

The bad things are:
- Salary is low
- Benefits are so so
- Delayed pay checks
- Fake Plastic President
- Sales are the most important people in the company
- Production was a sweatshop