Working at EF Education First — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about EF Education First pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at EF Education First

From Cambridge, MA — 04/30/2010

I started here as a temp on a seasonal assignment. At the end of the season, my manager informed me of a new full-time, permanent position that had been created, and gave me the opportunity to apply for it. I interviewed for and got the job. I had a wonderful experience. The salary is pretty low, but benefits (especially vacation time) are great. Employees are often sent on some of the trips that the company runs. Big focus on life/work balance and team environment. My teammate became, and remains one of my dearest friends. Biggest downside: I never really felt like I was taken seriously when I inquired about applying for new opportunities within the company, despite working hard. I got laid off a couple weeks ago, which is really a bummer.

Also-- the cafeteria downstairs becomes a bar at night. How can you beat that?

From Boston, MA — 01/20/2009

While I've loved my time with EF it's been, because of the coworkers, and in spite of the company itself. The lay is a joke (27,000 starting in most positions) and 12-14 hour days with no additional compensation become standard
in the busier months. Of late layoffs are very common, even of brand new staff, although that's to be expected in the current economy. Benefits are good especially the vacation time, but overall I'd advise against seeking employment there.

From Cambridge MA — 11/23/2008

Salaries are 20% below average in town
MGT is fairly respectful to staff.
Benefits are great
They are not quick to fire even the worst people, so job security is high.
Work life balance is average for the US
Lot's of lateral growth available, little vertical
Location is great