Working at Edison Chouest Offshore — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Edison Chouest Offshore pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Edison Chouest Offshore

From La. — 07/11/2010

Safety bonus amounting to $1,000 a year was taken away without even a letter, call or email this year. WTF? Also took away a point system for company clothes without explanation. I guess the companies owner needed the extra cash to buy his NBA team? BENEFITS SUCK. I pay $200 a month for my families basic insurance from Blue cross Blue shield. Lots of co-pay and maximums. Dentist, eyes, Px all more money.Training is still good and happy to have a job in this economy so i guess i shouldn't complain. BUT, I did expect a little more from a company of this caliber. Imagine if your company just took away your pay without explanation. "BOY, I HOPE I DON'T GET HURT AT WORK...................WOULDN'T WANT TO DO THAT, NOW WOULD I?????????

From Gailliano, La — 01/11/2009

All and all a good company to work for. Health benefits are ok, they pay .50 on the $ for 401K and a safety bonus. Training is very good, and great potential to move up. Crappy employee housing if you need to be at the home office for training though. Better to pay 80 bucks for your own hotel. Well kept vessels, (all orange) and the company is growing larger every day. A 28 on 14 off schedule for the gulf, and 2 month on 1 month off for international. I would prefer even schedule but its not too bad. This is one of the top supply boat companies in the gulf along with Rigdon, Hornbeck, Seacor, Tidewater and Otto Candies. I recommend working for them if you can get your foot in the door.