Working at Echo Global Logistics — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Echo Global Logistics pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Echo Global Logistics

From Chicago, IL — 08/19/2010

The new comp plan rocks!! I believed in Echo, worked really hard and remained loyal and am now seeing the benefits of my hard work. The previous comp plan was okay but you couldn't get rich. Now you can. I enjoy the people that work here and have made a ton of friends. Management is making the right moves.

From Chicago, IL — 05/27/2010

I think that overall, Echo is a very good place to work. I am treated well, my boss is very approachable and I enjoy all of the people that I work with. I wish I made more money but I believe that will come with time. It is up to me and it's pretty much open-ended. I know a few people that do pretty good and I am sure I can exceed them with time. Mostly, it's a fun environment. We work hard and we play hard.

From Chicago — 03/22/2010

I was just told about this website and was not suprised to see some negative comments about the company. I have been with Echo for several years and watched it go through growing pains throughout that period, the company has scaled to 1000 employees from 10 in less than 4 years so inevitably there are areas for improvement. The company overall offers a great work environment and pretty good work life balance at very average pay. It is suprising for me that in this day in age people would be upset by a young management team, since all of them have been promoted from within in the last 3 years. This may not be the marquee job out of college or if you have a couple years experience but at the end of the day the company has grown remained profitable and offers tons of career growth to people in all departments that are willing to work hard and dedicate themselves. The opportunity to be promoted within a year of employement is pretty amazing so hopefully I reap some of those benifits in the future but for now I am happy to work for a growing company with an energic employee base. One word of advice if you are looking to get a sales job at Echo but don't want to be in sales don't take it.

From Chicago, IL — 03/13/2010

I have been working at Echo for a few months now...

The training was great... a full month of paid classroom training and I have yet to encounter an objection on the phone that I have not heard in training 10 times. The CEO and founders of the company even came and had question/answer sessions with us when we were just in training...how many other large publicly traded companies can say that the CEO came in and had an informal chat with the newest employees.

The technology there is the best in the industry...each account manager has a brand new computer when they hit the floor with two monitors and they are not cubicles where you are completely isolated like other jobs. There are flatscreen TVs all over the office and glass board rooms all over the office.

The atmosphere is definitely the best part for a recent college grad. There are about 800 employees there in their 20s-30s and everyone has a good time. For sure a great work/life balance even during the workday, the teams are very supportive and there are a million fine looking girls there too.

Every new employee that finishes training is assigned to their team with a mentor and obviously their supervisor. I sit right next to my supervisor and it has been a hugeeee help, he helps me all day long with issues and figuring out the systems etc.

The pay is not the greatest, in all honesty, but if you work hard the tools are easily there to make a good salary for someone just out of school and the experience you gain at Echo is unparalleled for future jobs.

When you move on from Echo and can talk about how you built a 5-15k book of business on your own and fully managed it, dealing with all the crazy issues that occur in technology industry as far as customer service and management as well as doing much of your own invoicing and dealing with the accounting it will sound veryyyyyyy impressive as you move on to the higher paying, management positions

From Chicago,IL — 02/11/2010

Logistics isnt for everybody. If you get hired at Echo and go through the training, you'll find out right away if it is or isn't for you. You need a certain personality to be successful at it. You cant take it personal if you get rejected by potential customers when you're on the phone. Keep at it without giving up and eventually you land a good account, thats when your work pays off. It aint easy.

Sales is a numbers game, Echo knows that. They hire 30 people a month to make millions of cold calls. Of those 30, Many will get tired of no success, minimal pay and bosses dangling on them and they give up, which leaves maybe 10 people with good leads, of those 10 maybe 3 or 4 will become successful in closing and make $$. In the end they have those handful that suceeded. Survival of the fittest, only the strong survive. Then at the end of the month, they rinse and repeat.

Im not management, I read all the comments here before writing this, and it seems to me that everyone crying about this place wasnt successful at the job and are just bitter. They are just blaming others for their own crappy BS performance.

Overall, the training was excellent compared to most other places, the office is in a cool spot of the city people are mostly friendly. So, Echo will be a learning experience for you. Either you learn that you have it, or you dont.

From chicago — 11/21/2009

Great place to work! Started at the company 28 months ago and I used to work at Career Builder along with a million other people at echo. I got put on a crappy salary for the first 3 months and took off on my sales book and now am very close to making 60-70k. Considering I was making 30 at Career Builder I am pretty thankful for that.

Without a doubt the most fun company in chicago. The hottest girls at any company hands down. Cool Management but very young. There is no gray hair guy that tries to motivate you with bs speechs.

Promotions are great.

Benefits blow but I workout so not concerned.

From Chicago, IL — 09/30/2009

I have worked at Echo for just over 2 years now. At first as in any sales job there will be cold calling, but put in the work up front and the rewards actually do follow. The transporataion industry is evolving quickly and there is so much opportunity out there. Echo DOES give you the tools and resources to succeed it is just really up to you to make it happen. Overall great company to work for. Base pay and commisions could be improved especially for those hitting their numbers. The people and work environment are the best I have ever seen. Overall a great company in Chicago.