Work at Dominos Pizza — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Dominos Pizza pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Dominos Pizza

From Houma, La — 07/20/2008

Pay- Woman cannot live off of minimum wage alone, even if I do get pretty good tips, since now-a-days, most of that goes in my tank.

Respect- My co-workers show me respect, along with my managers, but customers are HORRIBLE. Look, I'm sorry your pizza didn't get there in 30 minutes, but THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU GET IT FREE! And don't complain to me, because I don't care. You start talking and all I hear is the teacher's voice from Charlie Brown.

Benefits- That's a joke. Our GM gets a rolex and you give a $25 gift card? Give me a break. I mean, I'm not knockin' our GM. He deserves everything he gets, but heck, we helped!

Job Security- I feel good about my job security. In my almost 3 years, I've seen two people get fired. One took a swing at our GM, and one called in sick by texting his cousin who worked there. That one was actually pretty funny.

Work/Life Balance- Once I started working full time, I lost all my friends outside of Domino's. All of our hangout nights were on Friday and Saturday, so of course I had to work. Now, though, my co-workers are my best friends. We chill in the back when we aren't busy, and we hang outside of work. Just the other night 9 of us when see the Batman movie. Awesome.

Career Potential/Growth- There are good advancement options if you want to work at Domino's the rest of your life, but that's not on my itenerary, so I say Nay.

Co-worker Competence- Except for a couple of nuts and a tattle-tell, everyone is pretty adept.

Work Environment- The only reason I didn't give this a 5 is because, while I usually have fun at work, there are those days when it all goes to crap... when I have to stay over an hour late becuase we are so busy... cuz people don't know how to friggin cook, and the whole town calls at once... ALL NIGHT. Sorry, I just had one of those days.

Look, I like my job for the most part, but between sweating from being outside most of the day, getting cramps in my butt from sitting, not to mention gas prices, I had to go for this column. I dislike the job, but I love the people. I recently put in my two weeks, and I'm getting a new job. I'm not going to miss working at Domino's, but I made some great friends, got to meet alot of "interesting" people, and I got over my fear of talking to people I don't know. All in all, good as a temporary job, but I'm not cut out to be a manager.

Peace.

From GA — 07/13/2008

I don't believe I can agree with a majority of these comments that I see posted up. I've invested 4 years as a team member of Domino's Pizza working my way up to the position of General Manager. I agree that not all Domino's Stores operate efficiently, but inquiring individuals should not take advice from others that are only posting negative reviews about the job, simply because of their bad experiences. The store is only going to operate as good as the MANAGEMENT allows and WANTS it to! Of course wear and tear is going to placed apon your vehicle, but that should be understood before taking the job position! Most franchise if not all franchisee owned stores do not offer benefits, but I believe corporate owned stores do- These questions can be answered simply.

1. The pay is going to be minimum wage. - work your way up, plus the job is ideal for Highschoolers and college students!

2. Respect is earned not given!

3. None- educate yourself on corporate policies, i'm not fimiliar with them since I'm part of a franchise.

4. If youre a competent individual, then youre job is pretty much secured.

5. The hours are flexible so your manager can work around any activities that you may be/want to be a part of - though you will probably work most weekends unless you ask for a certain date/dates off in advance.

6. There is potential for growth according to how much time you invest, which is the same philosphy for anything you do in life - I became a team member in November, 2004 I am now the General manager of our local Domino's Pizza here in my hometown.

7. Teach!