Working at Dominos Pizza — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Dominos Pizza pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Dominos Pizza

From Houston, Tx — 09/09/2010

Pay- I was promised a raise that wasn't available. I see this happen at so many companies so it wasn't too surprising. With enough fussing at my MCO i talked them out of another $1 per hour. (to be seen)

Respect- Upon a change in MCOs I have been treated with nothing but respect by upper management.

Benefits- I currently do not participate in the healthcare plan that Dominos offers. But i hear if you actually complete the Blueprint for Wellness physical they ask of you, the insurance is bearable.

Job Security- This is a tricky one. Depending on what market you work in, and whether it is a corporate or franchise, if you do your job, you keep it. If you don't do your job, you lose it. From what I've seen though, if you are an assistant manager, doing your job, you are golden. That step to GM really puts your head on the chopping block and a few bad months under your name could mean the end of your job. Good luck getting that vacation time and bonus for your last month you worked too.

Work/Life Balance- As with any job that you work in management, work/life balance is what you make it. I have seen many GM's working open to close 7 days a week because of lack of help. But if they would just train their people right instead of crying all the time their life would be better. This job is about efficiency, if you train your employees right, you should have no problem balancing work and life.

Career Potential/Growth - I started working here 1 yr ago, and i'm knocking on the door of my own store in just a few months. There is plenty of room to grow. However, the reason there is room to grow is because GM's are constantly quitting due to pressure, or getting fired because of bad numbers. You have to stay ontop of your game. From what I've seen, its time consuming, but very achievable to reach MCO status.

Location- We are everywhere. My store is 10 minutes from my house and its not even the closest one...or 2 for that matter.

Co-Worker Competence- If you are a CSR or Driver, you really don't have control over this, but if you are an AM or GM complaining about how retarded your employees are, re-train them.

Work Environment- Its a fast-paced commercialized pizza shop. It gets hot, greasy, and down right unbearable sometimes, but thats just what comes with the job. You can't NOT expect that.

All in all, Dominos has come a long way since the early 2000's. I feel a bit of a tone-down on the OER's would make the job here much more enjoyable. I hate working in fear that any day the inspector could come and and slam me for putting the date on the wrong day sticker. This company also employees many people for very menial, evasive tasks. For those in markets that use the new tip credit system, you know what i'm talking about. The person that calls your store everyday to find out why so-and-so took this long on a delivery, or how they got back so fast. I feel this is a good place for young people to work and get some management experience. It never looks bad on a resume.

From ventura, california — 08/16/2010

see rustys pizza

From Jax, FL — 07/25/2010

Now obviously your expierence depends on your GM and co-workers. I work for a franchise dominos as a shift runner. I personally love my GM. He's fair and treats everyone with respect. Now the drivers are whiny idiots and some of the CSR's are lazy as shit. I do more than the asst mgr and usually end up working more hours than him for a couple bucks less. But I'm ok with that, ultimatley I would like to be a GM but we'll see. Its best to rank up as fast as possible so you get more towords making food and away from dealing with customers haha. I've worked at a few stores in the same franchise, that's how I gor a good understanding of what a horrible manager is. This can definatley alter peoples opinions of dominos as a company. I always return to my home store because of my GM. Overall, its a good company. Of course some improvements could be made, but for being a pizza place its relativley nice.

From Minnesota — 03/27/2010

working for dominos is good, Except prepare to get a junker car for the deliveries (in no way was I going to wear out my final olds Aler)o, so I bought a 97 pontiac grand prix (which has lasted for over 3 years) the manager at my store is nice decent and fun, all around a good company.

From VA — 03/15/2010

I've been working at Dominos for about 2 years now, first job, and consider it an altogether good experience. They pay is crap, hours are short, but that's the price you pay for having such a simple job. Scheduling is typically very easy to manipulate, even on short notice. It's pretty easy to move up in the ranks to assistant manager by getting a food handler's card, and with that comes a small pay raise.

The hours aren't great, I typically work 5pm - 9:30/10:00pm, sometimes later on weekends. The only thing I actually dislike about Dominos would be the upper management. Both GMs are very competent and friendly, however there is a degree of favoritism, which the managers don't even try to deny. The GM's do a good job, however, so it doesn't bother me too much. The owner of the store, however, isn't a good manager at all. He's a nice guy, but he refuses to let anything slide. In fact, I recently got chewed out by him for not arriving to my shift early. I arrived at the store at 4:59, fully dressed, apron on and on the makeline at 5:00pm, when I was scheduled, and he yelled at me, telling me that I needed to be 5 minutes early to every shift.

If he wants me to be early, maybe he should pay me a little better. $8 an hour for two years of work isn't enough as an assistant manager.

From Valparaiso, FL — 02/25/2010

I started a year ago during spring break. first job. satisfied with the hours, extremely impressed with the quality of work. our GM is a nice guy who knows what he's doing, he often has me running around with him hanging free pizza coupons on doors out in town. located right outside of the gate of a military base and i spend every afternoon waving a sign. customers are generally nice (active duty Air Force personnell) and i enjoy all of my co workers. i learn about business by observing the GM, and our assistant managers. i'm proud of this job and i look forward to spending maybe another couple years here as an assistant manager. my only complaint is the hours i get off. i look forward to a cigarette when i get off because of the temporary high stress from this job, but end up getting off really late and not spending time with family, on the plus side, i get PAID MORE when i WORK LONGER, so not totally bad. also get bonuses for helping the GM with boosting income by "advertising".

From West Valley City, Utah — 05/19/2009

I can only opine as a delivery driver but..

Pay.. hmm the company pays minimum wage, the rest is given from customers, fair enough since it kinda depends on how good you area at your job..

Respect is earned among colleagues but was given from management from day one

Benefits are available, but this is my part time job so I get health care from my other employer.. the occasional free food is nothing to shake a stick at

My store is busy enough and has high enough turn over each semester to provide decent job security to anyone seeking to stay long term, I have been at my store for a year and there are 5 drivers that have been there longer, and 5 that are newer than me

The work/life balance is good, never had a request for a day off declined, I've had to call in with less than 3 hours and its never been a problem, although I would not recommend making a habit of it..

You can take your career at Dominos as far as you want, I have seen people start as 'insiders' only to join the managements team at another store in a matter of months.

Location is ok, I wouldn't choose the same place but my store has been open for almost 20 years a lot can change

My co-workers are all good folks.. there is a learning curve f

I have read other reviews stating drivers are forced to go to areas where they don't feel safe,

From lawrenceville ga — 12/02/2008

ill leave the pay as zero simply because i recommend this job if you have a new car,i have a mitsubishi eclipse 99 and i couldnt keep up with it,maintaining the car and tires and other stuff has to be paid but it didnt pay enough for all of thati was a delivery driver,this was my second job.

respect: not all stores are the same im really aware of that but the store manager at mine was super a really respectfull person i admire,she was smart quick but a little too perfectionist but overall a great manager,she should be a store manager for a bigger company.

i wasnt long enough with them to judge benefits im aware they are limited

work/life balance: they were really flexible with my schedule,not by choice,i had another job at walgreens but believe me i liked this job more than walgreens

potential growth: there was this jerk that worked there as soon as i got there he got promoted so i guess even a jerk can make it into store mangaer(theres good managers and bad managers he is ok but hes a big jerk,crude sense of humor)

location: pretty self explanatory,good zone:good easy money,bad zone:your car might get robbed.

work eviroment:friendly hardworking mood around pretty nice to be honest

now in stating facts of where i used to work,im also aware not all stores and areas are the same but if you want to work for them around this area i recommend you to get a part time there if gas prices accord to your liking.

From High Ridge, MO — 11/08/2008

Working at Domino's is my first job, and I only took it because it was the first one to call me. I am a CSR, a non-driving insider who is pretty much responsable for everything a manager and/or drive cant/wont do.

Pay is minimum, but after working there for six months, i was able to negotiate a ten cent raise. It still isn't very good.

Respect varries. Usually if you are kind and sweet to the customers, they return the favor. Dealing with drunks over the phone happens at least once a week. Respect from co-workers is earned through a mix of kindness and intimidation, all though I am frequently a scapgoat for my junior assistant manager. From others, except the rare haughty driver, I have, as I bust my butt to make sure that they do everything right.

Benifits? What Benefits? You'll get the occasional free pizza, an employee discount for pizza/soda/bread, but nothing else unless you make managment.

I'm very secure in my job, as they are desperate to keep their people. My JAM fired someone who deserved it, but my GM rehired him as soon as he heard it. I am the senior CSR, and have been told repeatedly that they would be lost if/when I left.

Work/Life is very easy, except for the fact you have no clue how long your shifts will be, friday and saturdays are a no-go unless youre schedualled off early, but days requested off, except for the fourth of july/halloween, are usually given.

Career potential is all right, but only if you entend working major overtime as a manager.

Location is all right, execpt for a few crappy roads, its about three miles from my house.

It is the exception, not the rule, that a co-worker is compentent.

The Enviroment is hetic, with freqent cursing, crude jokes, and except for the occasional carry-out, no customers in person. Music is often loud, dancing common, singing often, laughter everywhere. Except for the horrible pay, the demeaning boss, and the idiots that surround me, I love the antics and family enviroment. I would want to work there forever.

A bit hypocritical. But true.

From Chesapeake VA — 09/01/2008

Pay- i know some of the drivers at my store get well twelve an hour, thats because my GM manages shifts correctly and doesn't over hire, thats where most of the drivers problems come. As far as an AM(assistant manager) i got 9.25 starting out, and as soon as i finish book 2 and 3 i'll make ten an hour with as much overtime as i want.
Respect- another thing that falls under GM, MCO's, or Franchise's. if there are employee's that are disrespectful towards one another than there is no reason for them to work there, if your GM is a push over then the team member/s will not stop.
Benefits.- this is the only company i have ever seen that offers benefits the day you start working part-time or full-time, granted they aren't the best in the world unless your GM or above but it's something for emergencies and it's more than what a lot of companies can say right now.
Job Security- Well don't something stupid, keep your sales and numbers right, and follow the rules and your golden.
Work/life balance.-Your store should have a request off sheet at least a week in advance, if your GM doesn't post it in time than thats his/her fault. if you just don't put down you want some time off then don't complain. we all do what we have to do to survive. don't complain about making money.
Career Potential- it is there all day long for those who show themselves worthy and competent enough to handle the position. if you don't go the extra mile and just do the bare minimum of course you won't be offered a promotion. Jobs like these are for those who are willing to work towards something. i started out as a driver and got offered an AM's position, from here i can move all the way up to owning my own store.
Co-Worker Competence- well it takes all kinds of people to make the world the way it is.
Work Environment- I make it fun everyday, yeah you get A-Hole customers here there but for the most part it's real relaxed and chill, we even have pepperoni fights in the store sometimes when there's nothing to do.
Location-sometimes they suck but the GM should find limited delivery areas through police reports, that way the drivers stay safe.