Work at Disney — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Disney pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Disney

From Orlando, FL — 02/19/2008

I put in 18.5 years at Disney. A real shocker considering I started during my second year of college in 1982 working at magic kingdom selling balloons making $3.85/hour and qualifying for food stamps (no joke).

But I was on a college work-co-op program and getting great education at Disney University (one day a week) by vice presidents from every dept. Now, I know that college program has changed...and the "jobs" still suck, but can lieterally do anything at that one company that a small city can do (if not more). The opportunities for growth and education (externally and internally) are HUGE. This is not a company that waits for you to shine...you make your way, seek opportunities and make contacts on days off and you will succeed. Because of working for that company, I left with a 4 year degree (3 years paid by them)...they sent me to Paris and Geneva for 1.5 years. I worked on projects way above my pay scale and educational level because they believe in promoting from within and allowing you to have "successful failures".
I got to try very diverse jobs of 19 years: Attractions, Marketing, Mergers & Acquistions, children education programs, Professional development, DIsney University, Public Relations, Mickey Mouse Club, Disney Institute, and Disney timeshare....where else can you have fun, make great friends, and get a resume like that...would I have liked to make more money? Sure. But my last year at Disney I raked in $127,000 ($68,000 salary and the rest in sales bonus's). It may not the best company out there...but I had the time of my life. I left 7 years ago.

Get off you butt, knock on some cubicle walls, office doors and make your own way...many of the top Disney execs started where you are working RIGHT NOW! Good luck. JP

From Seattle, WA — 06/07/2007

The Walt Disney Internet Group is a pretty stable, happening place now. Although it's had it's problems 2001 through 2005 (put on life support), Disney is investing back into the environment and it's growing - giving lots of good opportunities, paying reasonably well, and so far has been a pretty sane place to work.

From Glendale, CA — 01/09/2007

What's there to say. Good pay but no work life balance.

From Anaheim, CA — 03/14/2006

Working as an attraction's hostess/ride operator has been great. I've been with the company for a little over 5 years, and still am at the same position. This is half my fault but at the same time it is hard to move up. You only move up if you suck up or it's application time and they feel you've been performing well. The managers are never around but your lead is there to tell management how you've been doing. Make sure you stay on your leads good side. The pay is not great at all, and the benefits only become available if you start working 30+ hours a week. The work environment is great, because you get to work with great people. And as for job security, it is high and is based on how often you call in (they use a point system).