Working at Dish Network — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Dish Network pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Dish Network

From Denver, CO — 09/14/2010

I am tired of reading so many negative comments about DISH. DISH Network is a big company that is learning how to grow up. There aren't many places that have grown from start-up to a Fortune 200 company without some growing pains and DISH is no different. There are opportunities to improve things everywhere you look and I joined to help make things better. The one thing I appreciate is the chance to make a difference and having worked at big companies before, you can do alot here if you're good at your job and commited to the Company. DISH is an exciting place as the company makes the change to a more mature organization while at the same time the industry is changing rapidly as mobile video becomes big. One thing you'll find if you pay attention and ask good questions is that DISH isn't for everyone and never will be. As long as you're smart, high energy, accountable, thick-skinned and a team player, DISH can be a great place to work and grow. There are complaints for every company on this site, so I'd check DISH out with an open mind and come ready to work hard. if it's not for you, it's best to figure that out before you join.

From Alvin, TX — 06/29/2010

I have been with Dish Network for 4 years all together. I'm so tired if hearing all of these winers talking bad about a place that pays our bills. I have had a lot of issues personaly the past couple of years and I feel they have been very supportive and have made feel like I'm worth keeping. These Coaches that have been termed deserved it. They were worthless and didn't mind the paycheck but didn't want to work for it. I'm not saying I love everything about my job everyday of the year but that is the way it is at all companies. Stop bitching and complaining and do your freakin job or move on. Stop blaming the company for your failure and deal with your action. Its very easy to blame someone else when you're not able to take responsibility for yourself. With the way the economy is right now, you are working for a company that has done more than most to keep from having to lay off. I feel very lucky to have this job and I will never come on here to talk bad about the people who pay me and have made sure we have a place to go when there are a lot of people who would kill to have a job like this. Stop crying and suck it up and do your job and maybe you will see that its you and not Dish!

From Alvin, Tx — 06/21/2010

Dish Network is not such a bad place. I have worked for MUCH worse places. I don't know a lot of companies that don't hold you accountable for goals, at least not ones that are still in business. I accepted the position for how much I get paid. I really hate whiners that complain about how much they make or howw much someone else makes. They put food on my table for me and my children, why would you not respect that.
Sure there are things that could be better, but unless you are working for the church and your boss walks on water, it's not going to be perfect.
Am I going to retire after working for Dish Network for 5 years? No. But if you know where I can please tell me. That is why I play the lotto, to retire early. I have seen my 401 grow and my employee stock purchase plan become a nice little saving over the last few years.
Food on the table, roof over my head, and my retirement plan getting bigger. Yes I will be working for many years to come, maybe with DISH, maybe not. But I do not expect to find that job that will allow me to NOT to meet company goals, come to work whenever I want, and retire a millionaire after 6 months. If you know a web site that is hiring for that job, please let me know.

From ohio — 03/09/2010

thanks for the raise and trip to cancun

From Littleton, CO — 04/14/2008

(Call center tech support rep). If you like pay-for-performance and opportunity for overtime, this might be the job for you. In fact, overtime is mandatory, minimum of 5 hrs a week, which usually means working split shifts or coming in on your day(s) off. Pay-for-performance bonuses and raises also means that you're micromanaged, recorded, and picked apart over everything. It's like having someone lodged right up your a$$ all day long! :) I like helping customers, even the ones which don't know their remote control from their elbow, but balancing work and LIFE with this job is near impossible. The benefits are terrible but not nonexistent (5 paid days off a year and 0 sick days, expensive/worthless health insurance, for instance), a deficiency that Charlie (the CEO) thinks taking his employees to Six Flags or having a party at Coors field will make up for. And unless you have low standards or no family to worry about, it doesn't.