Working at DeVry University — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about DeVry University pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at DeVry University

From Orlando, FL — 06/03/2010

Overall working at DeVry University has proven to beneficial on many levels. Good people, good pay, and awesome benefits!

From Online — 03/30/2010

I have been with Online for 3 years and am happy to be here. Every company has it's issues - it depends what you are looking for. I can understand the comments from the employees in sales - yes, it is a sales by numbers enviornment. But there are many other areas of the company to work in, and they are not all driven by numbers.

From Las Vegas, NV — 03/18/2010

DeVry purchased Apollo College in 2008 and this brought angst among employees because of the uncertainty of the future. However, DeVry has demonstrated that they are committed to both their students and their employees. They strive towards stellar customer service and consider employees, students, and the community their customers. The benefits are better than 2/3 of companys in this industry and I am very happy in my position. Our campus in particular collaborates together and builds a team environment in almost every situation. We are experiencing exponential growth with not only new programs to offer to students but new employees as well to assist in providing these.

I appreciate the vision that DeVry has for education and each of their branches of schools and can only encourage future employees to take the time and research the corporation that you are investing your time in. Not everyone may be the 'right fit' for DeVry, but if you are passionate about students and providing them the chance to realize their dreams, DeVry can provide you with the opportunity to make a difference!

From GA — 01/05/2010

You are judged on your individual performance. This is a quiet multi-billion dollar company that focuses on JOBS!

From nashville, tn — 12/05/2009

i like it here. the pay is very good- im fresh out of college and my options were limited. my co-workers and bosses aren't the brightest but they try

From Naperville, IL — 11/05/2008

After reading most of the comments below you must forgive me for the attitude that is about to be displayed. I am FED UP with young people today thinking that they deserve promotions or awards just because they show up every day and sit in their cubical and do the job they were hired to do. You EARN a promotion by busting your butt day in and day out, thinking outside the box, taking on new responsibilities, showing up early, staying late... NOT JUST DOING THE JOB YOU APPLIED FOR. Now to add, I'm only 22 and still have this view. Why? Partially because of the way I was raised. My parents instilled an amazing work ethic in me and I can't thank them enough for that. I can't tell you how many people in my department have been there for years and just feel like they deserve a promotion because of their length of service. No my friend, thats what your annual raises are for. I had a rep in my department claim she wasn't promoted because our bosses are racist. This representative was also the first one to volunteer for anything that had to do with taking her away from actually doing her job. She was constantly strolling around talking to people instead of assisting students on the phones, she was rude to students and fellow employees alike and did absolutely NOTHING to earn a promotion. She apparently thought nobody was listening either when she said she just wanted to quit and get unemployment... WOW sounds like a real hardworkin gal to me... NO, actually... she sounds like a lazy leech of a person who should really just be fired.

DeVry is an amazing company to work for IF you plan to work hard. The only thing I actually find frustrating about my job is the complainers. The people who sit and do nothing, and complain about everything. If you don't like your job, then quit. If you can't quit then shutup and do your job correctly until you can. As far as the rep from OBT complaining about their service levels... try getting hammered with the call volume we've been getting hit with the past 5 months, getting degraded and screamed at by students every day AND having to hit our own service levels on top of it. I don't want to hear it. In today's economy be lucky you HAVE a job, and stop your whining. DeVry has gone through some tough crap in the past couple of months and while I can't stand behind the changes they've made or how they've chosen to handle their mistakes, I have not been the one to sit there and whine every day. When you're hit with hard times you do what you can to make it work and move on, you don't sit idly by and complain. Complaints meant nothing, try a suggestion next time and you may find a solution to your problem.

From North Brunswick, NJ — 07/12/2008

The pay is great but so is the stress. Overall the company is great to work for. I am a recruiter and what I do is a feel good job. Helping students succeed.