Working at Delta T Group — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Delta T Group pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Delta T Group

From Bryn Mawr, PA — 04/15/2010

Okay, so here's the deal. Webster define's Evil as: morally objectionable behavior
morally bad or wrong; "evil purposes"; "an evil influence"; "evil deeds" , that which causes harm or destruction or misfortune; "the evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones"- Shakespeare having the nature of vice the quality of being morally wrong in principle or practice; "attempts to explain the origin of evil in the world"

Sums up DTG to a tee in my opinion!!!!!!

From Bryn Mawr — 10/12/2009

I have been working for Delta-T for some time now and i have fun at my job... I enjoy it. I MAKE it fun...Yes it can be stressful because of the metrics and sometimes you get bogged down by admin work but as far as staffing a shift is concerned If I don't have qualified people I FIND them.. i AM a recruiter and that is the point of my job.... When I can't fill a shift it was because I didn't try hard enough or use the right resource... there are soo many people out there looking for a job you can ALWAYS find hard working people if you look hard enough.
Pay is fine for my bills.... I wouldn;t have taken the job if it wasn't.
Health insurance kind of sucks but then again health insurance is going up all over the place....
Location is nice.. Bryn Mawr is a nice town BUT the parking lot is insane...
Work environment to me is stressful. I like things to be quiet and in my department it is anything but....
Work/life balance.... I believe that only YOU can balance this out.. you can either let your work take over your personal life or let your personal life take over your work

From BM — 03/31/2009

Pay- fair.

Respect- If the employees were respected I feel they would be 100% more productive. There is so much negativity and fear in the office that it effects the employees... I have scene adults get scolded by the owners and the blame is always put on you. The managers look down on you.... Nothing is ever good enough. I have worked to my fullest potential, worked weekends, nights, from home, hit my goals, and still it wasnt good enough.

Benefits- since DTG is a small company they are a little price.

Job Security- one day your the best, the next day your out the door. In my opinion "what have you done for me today" seems to be the motto.

Work/Life Balance- I have tried to not let work get involved with my personal time but thats unrealistic.

Career growth- none. new managers are trying to run several offices while the previous regional managers who have been in the staffing industry for several years are being pushed out the door.

Location- good. Parking- horrible.

Work Environment- For the most part the staff supports each other and truly cares about the business model so it is ok.

This is just my opinion. When I first started at DTG i was so passionate about the industry and wanted to be successful at the company. I put on my game face and did not let the negativity get to me. After a while, there is nothing you can do. I started going to work everyday in fear of losing my job or getting yelled/screamed at. Like I said, I have been productive and met my goals and still do not feel it was good enough.
I want DTG to be successful because I believe in what they do. I just hope they stop pushing away the loyal employees and start showing some respect to their workers.

From Bryn Mawr — 01/07/2009

First off, I'd like to say something to everyone with excessive negative comments and are still employed at DTG: Be thankful you even have a job.
Second, if you are still with DTG, get out and take the negativity with you. If you aren't with them anymore, you are just angry because you were fired because you, like most others that were fired, sucked and were incompetent at what you did. Get over it. The company didn't fail you, you failed!

Now don't get me wrong, there are some pretty crappy things that happen at DTG but that is the same everywhere else. Sure, are their times I want to curse managers out or put people in their places, of course. But, that is stress orientated and I will get that same feeling anywhere else.

There are way too many biter people on here especially at a time that a job is something you should treasure.

Something things do suck...There are way too many managers for employees to report to and certain manager(s), are always two weeks behind and come and go as they please but I guess thats what comes with seniority.

All in all, be happy you have a job! And be thankful for the awesome people you get to work with on a daily basis...the grass isn't always greener on the otherside.

From PA — 09/01/2008

Currently working in the sales department, and it's great because unlike most sales jobs, we're not really under any deadlines or quotas. The regionals are easy to work for, and I spend most days in the office, not travelling. OUr staff has taken a hit lately, but my job is safe and secure.

From Pennsylvania — 08/25/2008

I worked for this company several years ago. I'm a bit surprised at some of the reviews on this site. Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of things this company could have done better, and overall I'd say I had an average, yet not horrible experience. I felt that I was paid pretty well for a job that didn't require much overtime. My boss "George" was rarely in the office. This guy spent more time on the golf course than Tiger Woods. That's probably why he got fired. Last I heard, he was working for his brother's accounting firm, which is failing miserably. There's both good and bad when your boss isn't in the office. The bad is that you're left to fend for yourself when your boss isn't around to assist you. The good is that my boss was pretty much an idiot, so I was better off figuring things out on my own. All the best to those of you that are able to stick it out at Delta T Group!!!

From P.A — 06/20/2008

Delta T is what you make of it. Don't get upset if your experience was not a pleasant as you would have liked it to be. Just move on and find something you enjoy better. Doesn't really make sense to come on a website years after you were fired or resigned, (whichever applies to you) and try to ruin a company. Sometimes living well is it's own revenge.

From yeadon pa — 06/06/2008

Try posting the lawyer infomation once more and that way you will know I don't think it is the T that is having it remove maybe it is jobvent who think it should be remove

From Bryn Mawr, PA — 03/15/2008

I know that after some of you read this comment allot will disagree with me but i want to share with you my DTG experience. First, I was there for quite sometime (years). I worked hard and as one person said before on this site "If you DON'T want to do somthing DON'T" This is exactly what I did. I am an adult and I didn't let anyone tell me I need to do something when my family comes first. Even though I couldn't stay past a certain time or on a certain day due to kids or prior commitments I did stay when I could. It wasn't often but I tried. This was always appreciated from either my AA OR my regional. I worked hard as everyone should in there jobs no matter where you work. DTG is no different in this case. If you want to get anywhere in life and make GOOD money this is what you have to do. I work in New York right now and trust me it is a far stretch from the T BUT I work even harder for the money I make. And trust me it is worth it. The only reason I left the T was because I moved... no other reason... I mean seriously.. if you had a company would you not want your workers working as hard and as well as they can? I know I would and right now I expect that from my workers. After all I am paying them. I heard that the SC's went hourly now which I think is a great thing. Now they have the opportunity to make extra money when they put that extra time in. As far as the co-workers went most of them took more smoke breaks then they actually did work. If you were back in staffing you know what I mean. I have to say that DTG is a bit rough around the edges on how they handle issues with co-workers but they ARE changing things which I think is good. After all if you went to any other behavioral healtchcare company weather it be a staffing company, hospital, nursing home, residential facility or special needs school this is a hard field to be in and it wasn't meant for everyone.
As far as benifits are concerned they suck. DTG should pick out a better provider to help out the employees with stronger healthcare considering some of us have large families. My kids were on my benefits and I REALLY took a hit on my paychecks.
Job security: Nothing in life is ever secure... think about it.. life itself isn't even secure but if you work hard and show you have brains and common sense it is not bad.
Work/Life Balance: As I said before.. that is up to you.... it is your life and you make your own choices. If I ecer needed a day off they were more than willing to give it to me. No questions asked.
Location: Parking sucks. I cann't tell you HOW many people got their cars hit there. The building needs repair in the stairwells and i remember the carpets were always stained. Not sure if this is DTG's fault or the owner of the building but DTG could at least make a request.
Career Potential/Growth: On my reviews I was always asked where I could see myself next year and if I would like to move up anywhere and when i wanted to be promoted to SC or AA I was.
Co-Worker Competence: They need to screen better on WHO they hire. Make sure they know their alphabet so they could put files away properly... little things like that would make a difference.
Work Environment: THIS is an issue... They need to do something with the noise level. When I was trying to do recruiting calls I was always talking over other people and they were usually talking about stuff that had nothing to do with work. When other people got pissed about an issue the whole office heard them... it makes it a bit uncomfortable and annoying to listen to. How this can be fixed i have no idea BUT it should be.
OK.... well please remember this is just MY opinion and MY experience. I am not asking anyone to agree with me nor am I saying anyone else's experiences were fake because i did see allot of what you guys were talking about and I understand where you are coming from. trust me I have overhard management yell ond rant and rave on an emplyee before which yes, it was inappropriate and disrespectful. I am glad that they are changing and I am also happy for all of you that you have moved forward and are much happier but for me I would return to the T.

From Bryn Mawr, PA — 03/04/2008

I have a few negative things to say about Delta T Group but I think that part of the problem with Work/Life Balance is that employees do not know how to set their own boundaries and then get angry when managers cross them. Personally, I have made it clear what I expect from my career and what I am willing to give and I have never, in 2 years, had my boundaries crossed by any of the management at the Bryn Mawr location. I have seen people who agree to do anything that is asked of them and then complain that they are being taken advantage of, which I think is really pathetic. If you do not want to stay late, say it; if you can't do another interview because you are already overloaded with work, say it; if you think driving to Harrisburg to visit a Client that is only billing out 10 hours a week is a waste of your time, say it. This is your career and you have to take a stand on what you believe in; personally, I have never seen anyone get fired from Delta T for standing their ground in a mature, professional manner and, besides, the worse thing that Delta T can do is fire you. There are a thousand other jobs waiting for you out there and at least a dozen of them are better than the one you have right now. I feel sorry for people who get trapped by this job and stay for so long that they feel worthless and unable to move on.

The location is very nice. Bryn Mawr is a sleepy little suburb off the Mainline and while there isn't much to do out there and I miss working in the city, its a pleasant place to go walk on lunch.

Career potential is nil and anyone that tells you differently is either already a part of management, lying, or poorly misinformed. Here at Bryn Mawr, we have such a Top heavy management structure that there is absolutely no room left for growth. I personally have about 4 managers that I report to, and this doesn't even include the owners of the company. So, please, don't expect to get promoted at Delta T anytime soon because there isn't anywhere for you to go.

My co-workers are awesome and they make the company what it is. Granted, there are always going to be less-than-professional employees in every company and I don't think DTG has more or less than its share. I do wonder, however, how some of the more rude, obnoxious, and incompetent employees keep their job while hard-working SC's and SCA's get gunned down because they didn't make enough calls last week or bring in as many PR's as they did the other 3 weeks in the month. Always curious about that. In some ways it seems that DTG would rather keep lower quality employees because they will not ask for too much or push too hard on bad policies, mostly because they are too scared of losing their jobs or are too unintelligent to realize that they are being abused by their company. Intelligent employees are a threat to a company like this: watch your back.

Finally, my entire reason for adding this review: DTG is moving all SC's to an hourly rate starting this month. While they stumbled through a few lies and weak explanations about the reasoning behind the change, most of us are smart enough to know the truth. This is another system of control that they are adding to monitor your job and restrict your freedom. Now they can dock you while before they couldn't do that because SC's were salaried. So no more Dr appointments or leaving early to pick up your child from school when she is sick...not unless you have the time to pay them back. Personally I think that this is a very insulting move towards people that have families and other obligations. Most companies recognize that everyone has times when they have to leave early or arrive a little late - emergencies, children, family, inclement weather, car trouble, traffic, etc. - and most companies value their workforce enough to pay them for their time. This new hourly rate means a few things that I hope you Bryn Mawr SC's realize: first, they are watching every minute you are there or not there and will pay you accordingly; second, they are going to make you jump through hoops to get your overtime approved; third, its not going to have a reverse affect in that slackers will still safely slack while hard workers will now be pressed even harder to squeeze all of their metrics, visits, interviews, etc. into an 8 hour work day and God forbid if it should go over that. Bad move, DTG. But this is yet another disheartening move in a long series of bad moves so I am not surprised...
...what I am is actively working to move on to my next career adventure and away from DTG.

PS: Maybe we should all Unionize!