Working at Deloitte — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Deloitte pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Deloitte

From Budapest, Hungary, Europe — 09/17/2010

I started to work in Deloitte ERS (Enterprise Risk Services) at a European office (Budapest, Hungary) 3 weeks ago and I'm very satisfied. The pay is good, and they pay overtime too, however there was no overtime yet. Every day I leave the office at about 17:30 and I start at 8:30. Every morning there are free fruits for the employees, and of course there are free caffe mashines too. The atmosphere is really good, the people around me are very friendly. Job security is much better in Europe than in the US, so they can't just fire someone without a very good reason. So, I like working here, but as I read other reviews, maybe it's very different in the US.

From SAN JOSE — 04/30/2010

cut many people during recession, but the senior manager i mainly work with was the best boss in my career...very professional firm

From Detroit, MI — 10/03/2009

Competent people, interesting projects, mostly a meritocracy.

From Los Angeles — 08/18/2009

I spent 7 years at Deloitte. They were the hardest working years of my life and I learned more than at any time before or since. I was there through the dot com bust and watched as Partners ate each other up over sales credit. I was also witness to many generous gestures of mentoring and inclusion by the same partners to junior staff.

The business and operational model is cruel and brings out the worst in some people. It is a for-profit, kill or be killed environment. Partners are invited to be part of the club and then pay for the honor in a combination of cash, ego and soul.

The "tone" of the Firm varies wildly by office. If you sign up to work for them, you have to go in with eyes wide open and know that they will take before they give.

From San Francisco, CA — 07/24/2009

The pay is decent when you consider how long you have been out of college compared to others who go into industry. Benefits are pretty good, TONS of PTO, but it can be hard to actually take it. You have to fight to have a work life balance, everyone will try to make you work more than you need to. Career growth is great as long as you are willing to sacrifice your life for it. Job security has been waning lately with the massive layoffs. Most of the low performers are now gone and the high performers are asked to work more.

From Atlanta, GA — 09/19/2008

I have been with Deloitte for over a year now and this is by far the best corporate experience I have ever had. I hope to be with this firm for the rest of my career! My co-workers are impressive; there is mutual trust and respect, and people at Deloitte take great care to develop and nurture relationships. Deloitte continues to win awards for "best place to work" and they are well-deserved.

From Cleveland, OH — 04/15/2008

I can not speak for Deloitte overall, simply for the Cleveland office. I feel that a work-life balance is encouraged in our office, although it is not always implemented. "Busy season" at a staff level is definitely something that is not family friendly and makes it very difficult to maintain a good balance. However, when you are not in busy season, things slow down and you can get back on track.

As for the pay, I would say that it is pretty comparable to any place of its size. However, I do not feel that any other first year employees would receive a 8-10% raise after one year at other companies. Additionally, I do not know anyone else who receives 25 PTO days plus 10 paid holidays when they first start. The job is tough and the hours get to you after a while, but the flexibility and down time make up for the stress.