Working at Del Taco — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Del Taco pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Del Taco

From California — 05/20/2008

PAY: Fast food, and that means minimum wages. Work harder for minimum wages, basically. 50 cents more for graveyard.

RESPECT: When I started the GM was absolutely terrible, but after a while became a lot nicer. If you don't speak Spanish, there'll be a lot of talking crap right in front of you by the cooks. Management for the most part were all nice people, other than some bad apples.

BENEFITS: Ha! The only benefits here is you won't go hungry. 50% employee discount up to $10, supervisors get $5 free food per shift + 50% for $10, and I think for GM it's unlimited. Other than that, no health, no nothing. Oh, graveyard workers automatically get all you can eat.

JOB SECURITY: High turnover rate, so chances are you'd have a hard time getting fired.

WORK/LIFE BALANCE: From what I remember when I used to work there, this wasn't really a problem, save one sixteen hour shift from 4 PM to 8 AM...

CAREER POTENTIAL/GROWTH: I got promoted to supervisor after half a year, but I did work hard for it.

LOCATION: Right next to a high school... nothing good can come from that.

CO-WORKER COMPETENCE: The ones that I did enjoy working with were great, but they were all young and destined for more than just fast food. Cooks do their job, but the management there directly in the store were trouble... granted they did their job but there was nothing there to deter theft, so..

WORK ENVIRONMENT: Fast food, people. Can be fun with good people, but never somewhere you want to stay for years.