Working at Dean and Deluca — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Dean and Deluca pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Dean and Deluca

From Leawood, KS — 06/15/2009

I have to agree with the other poster; I worked for Dean for several years, and despite the limitations, I was very sad to leave, because it was the closest group of coworkers I've ever seen. Truly, a big family. Just great, great people, and I bet that's the biggest reason people stay. The limitations I mentioned have to do with the GM, who is a bully to the bone. I watched him run off good, loyal workers for trivial reasons, and I was run off by a lack of respect for my own competance and dedication. Be aware, if you are female, he is a misogynist and unbelievably sexist, and God help you if you insist on trying to be a parent AND a D&D employee. As for the work environment, depending on the department you work in, it can be very stressful when it gets busy (on the island at lunch, for example), or very dull, or somewhere in between. It's a nuthouse during the holidays, too. But, you will love your coworkers so much, they make it all worthwhile. Really! There is very, very little room for advancement, unless you're willing to relocate, and even that's a very rare occurance. All in all, if you're a young person who loves food, and wants to feel a part of a great place, you could do a lot worse. Just avoid the GM like the plague, and work hard, and you'll love the job!