Working at CVS — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about CVS pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at CVS

From winston-salem, nc — 02/19/2008

I love CVS! The people I work with always really try to do the right things.

From Clemson, SC — 04/11/2007

I worked at CVS for about 6 months in the pharmacy. I was in nursing school at the time, at nights, and they allowed me to work 9-5 plus every other weekend, which was nice. Pay was pretty low, $7 an hour, and the first month I was there, the other full time pharm techs quit, leaving me the only one. THe pharmacists were great, but God forbid they go on vacation - they send a visiting pharmacist that doesn't know anything. Frequently, we had a line going out the door of people waiting on the prescriptions, as we were way busy and it was just me and a pharmacist. The angry customers were not a good way to end the day. I went to training a couple of times, and it was so-so. It could have been more thorough. They did allow me to get certified as a pharm tech, though. However, my pay stayed the same the whole time I was there, even though I went through the training on my time (in "speed" mode because the other full time techs left)and got the certification. The coworkers in the store were very nice, as was management, and I can't say enough about how sweet the pharmacists were. All-in-all, an average place to work.

From Winter Haven, FL — 01/02/2007

I was with CVS/pharmacy for a short period after leaving Walgreens. There was definitely a difference between the two companies and how they ran their operations. CVS was less organized in my opinion, but still a great company to work for with great benefits, good money and a good work/life balance (atleast while I was there as an Assistant Manager)! I would suggest CVS if you're interested in getting in the retail business.

From kernersville,nc — 07/07/2006

No work/life balance options. No job share positions. Open entirely too long. (13 hour Saturdays stink!) Technician development program is lacking.