Work at CSC — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about CSC pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at CSC

From Cincinnati, OH — 07/11/2008

Now it could be the client I am located at but I love CSC! It is a great company with retirement benefits as well. I love how they do things. I don't see myself ever leaving the company.

From Noida — 03/19/2008

A leading global consulting, systems integration and outsourcing company, CSC's mission is to provide customers in industry and government with solutions crafted to meet their strategic goals and enable them to profit from the advanced use of technology.

For more than 48 years, our experience has guided clients through the maze of constant business and technology change, while maintaining a focus on delivering innovative, practical results.

Consulting
From business and IT consulting to process improvement and implementation, we offer our customers technologies and business models that allow them to quickly and efficiently improve the way they do business.

Systems Integration
When it comes to innovative, complex and mission-critical systems integration tasks, we have satisfied even the most demanding clients. We guide our customers through the planning, design and implementation of proven, innovative custom or packaged solutions that will achieve their business objectives.

Outsourcing
Experience the results of outsourcing - with CSC as your trusted partner. Commercial and government clients in 15 countries benefit from our advanced, secure and mobile infrastructure driven by a unique outsourcing approach.

From Telecommuter — 11/19/2007

Bear in mind, I have been with this company for 6 years. First two years, horrible, bad boss, stressful, nobody cared. However....i got lucky, and our jobs got moved to India, but they kept me around, and now i am a telecommuter with an AWESOME job, total flexibility, cool boss, they paid for my online graduate degree, and i have been given a variety of interesting projects lately without overloading me, and am working on my PMP. Of course, not everybody is so lucky, but this company is telecommuter friendly, and although pay raises and career paths are not laid out for you, if a person is aggressive and wants it, i believe u can advance. Your own personal attitude is a big part of this. Also true, I am one of the lucky ones, and i also was flexible, learned to work with others, including some very difficult people, and have made it work for me! I will make a decision this next year whether to move on or stay around, depending on opportunities.

From Baltimore, MD — 09/21/2007

I've been with CSC for several years...the company isn't inherently a bad place to work, but our contract has not received a raise in several years, and I'm bored out of my mind at work. And no one can give me anything other than company rhetoric and the occsaional "luncheon" to try and make me feel better.

From North, UK. — 10/19/2006

I've been with CSC for a little over 15 years ago being transistioned from BAE in the North. I do management I think it's bit busy and as it is I do more than manage. I am getting more responsibilites and respect at CSC as I'm longer being here + getting more interesting assignments, etc. The people I meet at CSC are co-operative and very friendly and broad-minded and work environment is perfect. A very good place to work at with plenty of perks and enjoyment... Regards UK Manager

From Texas — 07/17/2006

I've been with CSC for a little over three and a half years now. I do desktop support. The hiring process was long and delayed, but besides that, I've been a happy employee. My initial salary was a bit low, but I have since received three sparkling reviews which were accompanied by very significant raises. Management on my account recognizes my abilities and commends me when the job is well done. Sometimes the workload is heavy, but overall, I find that if I go the extra mile, I'm rewarded for it. My manager is there when I need him, and he stays out of the way when I don't. Overall, I'm happy to be a CSC employee.

From Preston — 04/13/2006

Benefits are ok.. more geared towards families, and the coporate ethos of giving you just enough so you cant be arsed with the hassle looking for a new job..

I am sure some areas are better than others.. But WAAAY too much middle "wiffly" (mis)management layers. Too many cheifs and not enough indians is most appropriate for CSC.. Get rid of the dross and the dead wood, and go back to being a technical company!