Working at CSC — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about CSC pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at CSC

From tyneside — 05/19/2010

I have worked for some of CSC's competitors as well as some much smaller companies; and overall CSC is the best I have worked for. Yes they have problems; but so does every company.

From Virginia — 04/14/2010

I think for the most part CSC is an excellent place to work. I am lucky with both the manager and contract that I work on. I have heard both sides at CSC and for the most part I feel that those who are not happy are usually the ones that are working on contracts where the client is calling the shots not CSC. In this day the client is always right and that makes life hard on many contractors working for them. Managers have a tough problem because they (mostly) have the best intentions for their employees but are often asked by a client to do things quicker and cheaper often at the loss of employee morale. My suggestion would be to learn as much as you can about the contract before accepting a position because CSC is a good place to work for and offers longevity to those who search and work for it. I started at CSC with a contract that was difficult and worked with some below average talent but once I made a decision to move to my current contract within CSC (been here for 5 years now) I have had nothing but a pleasant experience. Every job is what you make of it and CSC offers a chance to have a good job. I will agree with the statement though that if you are looking for a huge raise you sometimes will have to move from one contract/business unit to another.

From Norwich — 02/01/2010

I have been with the company for a long time. I think I get paid good for what I am asked to do. We have a 401k that performs good. They did take awash the pension but made it up by matching more in our 401k. Plenty of sick time. I think I have like 20 days banked. I work with a bunch of great people even though complain that the place stinks. I work only 40 hours a week and no more. I am not on call. I hear other people complain about their job, it is the same everywhere. Think positive.

From Teleworker — 01/11/2010

Management is very detached. This is a very process heavy company and very bureaucratic. The highly matrixed organization makes it extremely hard for someone to get things done. It takes forever to make a decision. Frankly, I don't know how it has survived this long. People are for the most part overworked and highly stressed. People's involvements in projects is nominal (who can blame them). There is very little opportunity for advancement.

From Quebec — 01/04/2010

CSC is a big company, with big companies come bigger problems. While unlike others, I do not " hate " or " dislike " CSC. As with any company; pay could be better but rasies are a joke (chocolate bar anyone?). Benifits are on par with a lot of other companies.

As for location, easy to get to and nice environments.
Not the best company i've worked for, far from the worst.

From Los Angeles — 10/27/2009

CSC is a great company to be part of with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and focus on customer being at the center of all important decisions. The downside is around lack of diversity around the decision-making table and low on healthy conflict.

From LOS ANGELES, CA — 10/11/2009

I worked for CSC for 3.5 years until I was layed off in February. I was a "remote worker", working from home and Starbucks for the whole time and I loved it. This was the truly the high-point of my working career. I love the projects and enjoyed the people I worked for. I would have been happy to work for CSC for the rest of my life. Unfortunately the Delphi Account kind of died in the middle of the economic downturn and I could not find any work in the company. Although the pay was probably only low-average, the ability to work with colleagues around the globe thru telephone and web conferencing was awesome. I am sure it has its flaws - a couple of marginally competent managers - but on balance I would still give CSC high marks. OH - and when I left after only 3 years they started paying a pension.

From Noida — 06/08/2009

Company is good..gives job security but very less growth in terms of money.

From Falls Church, VA — 10/01/2008

I've been with CSC for 6 years, and am more happy than not overall. They had about 4 phases of RIFs or layoffs this year, which has me nervous. I have plan B, just in case, but am hoping to stick with them through to retirement. They have a really good pension plan, which is rare these days, on top of a 401K plan. Our recent rebranding and re-org's make for a questionable future, but I think it's all to help fix what's obviously broken. As you can see from some of the comments below, we have some work to do. I guess we'll see.

From Falls Church, VA — 07/29/2008

I have been with CSC for over 8 years. The reason you see so many varied reviews is because CSC is a large company with lots of contracts. I happen to be on a good contract so our work hours are normal, management is fine and everything else is fairly good. And I don't get why people hate the benefits. THey are industry standard if not a little better. Paid leave, Paid Sick, about 5 choices for health care, paid college, dental plan for about $5 a month, etc.

The company is cheap, so make sure you get in with a good contract and avoid the rest of CSC. They have crappy computers, crappy web sites, etc. For a technology company, they are behind.