Working at Cox Communications — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Cox Communications pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Cox Communications

From Phoenix, Arizona — 01/28/2010

Great company to work for! Regardless of what you read YOU make your job! For the motivated the possiblities are endless. In the area I work in you have the opportunity to advance, earn additional income, use a company vehicle, and continue your education through school or internal opportunies. My co-workers are family away from home and I am proud to know each of them. Every company has its good parts and bad, Ups and downs, so it's how you handle this that makes you and your comany a great fit! For me it is a great fit and I love it and am thankful each day for the opportunities I am given. Thanks Cox!

From San Diego — 10/28/2009

I've worked at the Call Center for almost 3 years (first in Account Services and now in Tech Support) and love Cox. I've disappointed in the fowl language that the last person used in describing Cox San Diego. Clearly, they are disgruntled and should leave Cox if they hate it so much. As for me, I worked ion a call center for an insurance company for 5 years before I was layed off. I didn't think I wanted to work as a customer rep again until Cox called me. At first, i was going to stay until I found a better job and 3 years later, I'm still here. Why did I stay? I love my co-workers and I feel my manager cares about what I am doing and as long as yuo do your work, you won't get in trouble. I don't see as much girlfreind drama and people usually are respectful. Not all TOMs are good but for the most part, they are easy to work with. The pay can be better cosnidering the amount of stuff we have to train and know.

From Gainesville, FL — 08/13/2009

If the pay didn't stink this would have been a great place to work. I stuck it out for about 7 months until I found something making more money. There were meetings every Thursday morning that were actually fun to go to. They have free breakfast at the meetings. We always received free stuff when I worked there. You also get free cable and internet if you live in the area. On Friday's we always had a group lunch. Most of the time someone would grill chicken or we would get sandwiches from Publix down the road. The first two months you were in the training room. We had a very cool trainer which made the days fly by. You did have to deal with irrate customers a lot, but for the most part I found the irrate one's funny.

The hours were also good. We were on 4 10 hour days, so we had three days off a week.

In summary, the pay stinks, but every other aspect of the job was great.

From CT — 07/14/2009

I love it here, best move I have ever made. I used to work for verizon wireless, the daily stress of that job was getting in the way of my family and personal life. Verizon wireless is good for a single person....

From Las Vegas — 08/04/2008

I have worked for Cox for 7years now and from benifits to career growth, location and on and on this is a great place to work. As for all the people who dont like it get another job and get over yourself.

From San Diego — 02/13/2008

I am an FSR tech and Cox is the best place I have ever worked. prior to joining Cox, I spent 7 years in the Marines. Compared to the Marines, Cox is a walk in the part. Don't get my wrong-I grew up in the Marines. I learned hard work, respect, honor and courage but life in the Marines is pretty hard. I enjoy owrking at Cox. Even though I wish I got paid more, I have great benefits for my wife and baby, I get free cable, I have home start and pretty much set my schedule. Work is hectic but I enjoy ineracting with our customers. I have a cool supervisor and my team is great. We back each other up and everyone is pulling his weights. As long as you do your job, life is sweet at Cox.

From San Diego — 02/11/2008

I enjoy working at CCC. I have been here a year and have not experienced the negativisim that others have mentioned. Those people sound preety disgrunted and should leave if they have not!

From Tulsa Oklahoma — 05/16/2007

BY FAR the job I ever had. I wish I had never screwed up and got fired. Pay was extreme 10.71 hourly from 8-7 time and a half 7-9 and double time 9 on. in 6 months you could make up to 16 a hour. FULL paid training by THE BEST trainers. Respect from my bosses was amazing coming from sales I was amazed I was being treated like a human not a cash machine. going to someone's house fixing their problems and having them praise you was the BEST feeling ever. Job Security was HIGH I got fired because of some stupid mistakes I made, and a couple of accidents where i fell though the celling due to miss stepping. Work/Life OH MY GOD never has a company bent over backwards to make their employees happy. They make you take vacations if you haven't yet. You get 18 hours of PTO a month starting out, and they are ALL WAYS willing to work with you on days off. Career Potential with this company is non stop. All the major job holders where at one time a Field service Rep, and love to tell you their success stories. People in audit, line, even I.T. where once FSRs. Location is in Tulsa Oklahoma so be ready to work in the rain or extreme heat. Co-Worker competence depends if its a contractor with little experience or a FSR who just hasn't been in the loop for awhile. all in all they are about the same. Work Environment is wonderful they have windows in the building, because if you look up my current job with directv thats one of my major complaints. that and they provide EVERYTHING from tools to duct tape. If your an active person, under 375lB (Most a ladder will hold), love outdoor work, and love to have a company that works for you not vice-versa. then this is YOUR job.

From San Diego Customer C — 04/18/2007

I worked for COX Communications Customer Care Center for 5 years (almost to the day). I can honestly say without reservations that it was one of the best jobs I have ever had - my current job not withstanding. I started at COX as a HSD Tech and moved over to Tier II. I once it was established in house. I also was one of the fortunate who got to work at home! GREAT! I had excellent benefits that met all my health needs. I also had the pleasure of working with and for some of the finest people to date. I briefly had to take some time off for health matters and COX was right there for me. The only thing I could complain about was the change of shifts every 6 mos and incompetence of some of my fellow workers. Luckily, the latter were weeded out when they couldn't meet expectations. I thought the salary was excellent - all you had to do was meet minimal standards and you got a nice raise every 6 months. It was an easy job, working from home, great pay and great people. This is why the COX Communications Customer Care Center was voted as one of San Diego's most desirable places to work.