Work at Convergys Corporation — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Convergys Corporation pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Convergys Corporation

From Sandy — 02/06/2010

I recently begun working for Convergys- I decided to go for Convergys because of the great pay and benefits (such as tuition reimbursement as well as health, dental and vision insurance options.) I know that factors like pay depend on the type of Convergys account you work for, I guess I lucked out and ended up in a prestigious and well paying account- people in that account seem to love their job and everyone I've spoken with has nothing but positive things to say about their own personal experience. I too felt very comfortable and readily welcome from the start. The building is beautiful with wide open windows that let in sunshine and a great view of the Wasatch mountains.
My trainer is extremely professional and knowledgeable of our field and the wide variety of technical terms as well as functions of technologies we will be using in our day-to-day work activities. Overall I feel very excited and proud to be working with Convergys.
Though I can imagine why there are negative reviews here because some of their accounts are not easy to work for-but in that case, maybe Convergys is not the right job for you anyway. You definitely have to be right for this kind of job. Not everyone can do it. It takes a lot of confidence, patience, willingness to learn new things and adapt to change quickly.
In my opinion its survival of the fittest-like anywhere else, but with great pay and benefits- unlike everywhere else.

From Cedar City — 02/02/2010

Convergys is a job you take when you need income. It is not a career or "life work" by any means. It is simply a job you do to get a paycheck. If that is what you are looking for then this job is for you! If you follow the rules and have common sense then you will not get fired. You are aware of your stats at all times and a firing should be no surprise. Keep up a good attitude, learn the tools and scripts, and be glad you have a job! I am happy with Convergys so far and know I will be treated with respect. The hours and incentives are not optimal but with so many people quitting (due to a better job offer or they are unable to talk to people over a phone) it is reasonable. This site has recently been named #1 in the United States and continually provides AT&T with top notch service. This site wants to succeed, meaning that they want their employees to succeed. Take this job if you need money and benefits and get over yourself and help out some customers with phone troubles.

From Cedar City, UT — 01/28/2010

Convergys is not a bad company to work for. Gives great job security, benefits, steady paycheck with 40+ hours per week if you want that many hours. People usually only write bad reviews on companies if they got fired / quit because they didn't like it or they are just that incompetent. Granted, it's a phone job.. who cares? You talk to a big variety of people.. yes some are not as friendly as others.. but if you take it to heart the things the occasional random customer that you've never met says to you, well, get some thicker skin because that's pretty sad.

Overall, a job is a job. Majority of people don't absolutely love their job. Convergys provides a stable work place, environment to make a lot of new friends, and even works with your schedule if you want to go to college. (Tuition reimbursement as well) Don't pay attention to the people that just rag on Convergys on here.. odds are they are just mad because they don't have a job.

From McGregor — 01/17/2010

Convergys is actually a good place to work at, there are several things that could be improved but this is at every job not just convergys. The people are great to work with. Upper management, yes i believe can be worked on but again what job doesnt have this problem? I feel a majority of the ppl who have commented negatively on this job are just disgrutled ex employees who have nothing to do but bash on the ppl that fired them for their own incompetence...and i gurantee that if you look at thier previous jobs they probably bash them too go figure....this is probably why you cant keep a job!! In regards to job security i have an idea.....do your job and do it the right way and you wont get fired!!! How about doing that for a change. Nobody is perfect and no job is either...Convergys is an oppurtinty for a lot of ppl and has the potential to do a lot of good. With a lot of hard work and dedication, that has obviously not been given by those who have previosly posted reviews on here, we will overcome. Thank you and Good bye.

From Hickory — 01/07/2010

I work at the convergys in hickory and i love it so far. Im in transition so im answering phone calls but im not on the floor yet. Some people in the class are complete bitches but u gotta put that aside and do your job. Its something that you need to realize. Go into work and take it like ur are there to run ur company, even though you work for convergys, its ur company to run, NO ONE ELSE has control over how you do your job. Take it seriously dont let ppl interfere and ur good to do. No distractions. Pay is good. I started out at 9.50 an hour for training which is the easiest money you will ever make. Sit at a computer and listen to someone talk for 5 weeks. Great work place.

From Valdosta, Georgia — 12/15/2009

I think convergys is a ok place to work. I worked there while in college for 6 months which is about the average time frame. The job is pretty easy you just answer the phone and help the customers, the problem arise when you need help from a team leader. You have over 150 people in a call center with 10 to 12 indivduals to forward a call to when a customer requests a manager. Most of the Managers are cool and are willing to help but like any job there are some a**holes. It is like high school being that you have so many young college age students. The reason most people stay that it is very hard to get fired, I was constantly late and called out alot., u also get free directv, and the customers are funny.

From Tucson, AZ — 11/21/2009

Their is one thing this company does right, process customers. The technical experience level here is higher than in most other call centers, because they negotiated a good contract with comcast back in 2006. Comcast has a very broad customer base, everyone from electrical engineers, professors at Stanford, down to the cromagnon ability level. We handle calls from the 11 western states and serve as an overflow call center for comcast customers who reach a comcast call center that is receiving a high volume of calls. We just had hours "adjusted" by more than 4 hours in some cases, so for all intensive purposes we have overnight become an almost 24 hr call center, so as a personal friend of D.C, and as a player on his team, he is and will always be a good man, a fair man, and the rumors of a sexual assault may tend to be exaggerrated for personal benefit, and for emphasis, what i do know is no man as good as D.C would not go out like that! He may have crossed the line but he was the greatest boss i ever had! He tossed in towel like we all will, b/c management will not accept any feedback and allow us to grow, period. Get out as soon as you can, and make sure to get your neighbors contact info, b/c they wont be there much longer, either!

From Cedar City, UT — 10/29/2009

I have worked at the Cedar CIty center for almost a year and a half, and I have to admit that at first I absolutely hated this job. The project we have is customer service for AT&T, and its pretty rough at first. But I need this job, and there isn't much to choose from around here. So once you stick with it its not that bad. Just hang in there!!!

From Clarksville, TN 37040 — 02/20/2009

Incoming a calls are recorded and graded by special group. It is almost impossible to please them. Everything you do, I mean everything is a stat that is timed and analyzed. If the customer gets angry and hangs up before I can complete my very long company spiel, then I'm counted off. If I take too long to help a customer, I get counted off. If I help the customer too fast, I get counted off. If I can't help a customer with tech support [in Customer Care] I get counted off.

The large building is full of young, loud, non-professional workers, who discuss their sex lives and each other very loudly while I am trying to process a call. I can only pray that the customer can't hear.

I went up from $8 and hr to $9.10 an hr. We are in a city that has few opportunities for employment and I'm stuck unless I want to commute at least 55 miles to Nashville and better opportunities.

The company does not care about its employees, they constantly have training classes full of new hires [I beleive that they get paid for training minority candidates] They fire and walk out as many people as they hire month after month.

I hate my job, I feel trapped, used and under appreciated. The customers hate the changes and new charges that are constantly implemented and take it out on me. I'm frequently cussed at, and told I'm a moron.

I've never hated a job more.

From New Glasgow — 09/11/2008

The Place wasn't a bad place to work...however as soon as you made a mistake your where gone...I worked on the Office and Outlook project...and it wasn;t too bad