Working at Convergys Corporation — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Convergys Corporation pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Convergys Corporation

From jacksonville,nc — 09/14/2010

For our area, the pay and benefits are good. The location is as good as any other as we are pretty spread out. the constant quality changes combined with the unrealistic handling time promises of the company add to an ever growing stress level. Management currently at the center is helpful but it's easier for staff to fuss than ask for help. drop the attitudes and ask. It's not a perfect job, but there are worse. Our center is the largest civilian employer in town ( we also have a HUGE Marine base). I've managed to last 6 years.

From Charlotte, NC — 06/17/2010

Pay: All Comcast agents received $10/hr, regardless of experience, plus shift differential and lousy sales bonuses. They told us in training not to expect raises.

Respect: You get respect from everyone except the Quality people in the back who have no mercy if your computer freezes on you or shuts down when you're with a customer.

Job Security: Good, unless you repeatedly do no meet sales goals.

Work/Life Balance: Ha! Schedule changes weekly, and you'll work at least 2 days out of Fri/Sat/Sun.

Career Potential/Growth: Probably good if you like the call center environment; will have to huff it out as an agent for at least 6 months though

Co-workers: Mostly ghetto but not much drama

Work Environment: Indoors. The only stress comes from customers who call in about not paying their bills.

From Work At Home — 05/16/2010

This job defenetely doesn't pay the greatest but it's a job and I get to work from home. I love my 30 second commute and would not trade it for the world. I love knowing that my baby boy is just down stairs with his daddy while mommy works. I had spent 2 years looking for legimate WAH work and I found Convergys which was a wish come true and a true blessing. I have worked at Brick and Mortars and was payed TONS more, but for me, the fact that I am at home, comfortable and able to serve my customers better, is all worth it. Besides that... my TL and coaches and co-workers are all great. I have no problems in that department. We have a great time working and helping eachother in chat when needed. So yeah.. the pay sucks compared to what I had made before at B&M but I am in a stage of my life where being a WAHM is what is important to me. So this defenetely works for me. I hope to stick around for awhile! Thank you Convergys for giving me the ability to work for a great company & best of all... the opportunity to work from home!

From Pharr, TX — 04/16/2010

I work for the AT&T project in Pharr, this might not be the career path most of us have chosen, but it's a decent job. The benefits are great... If you choose to get them. All of this talking about everyone and the tls and mgmt is getting old. I come to do a job, not to socialize and gossip. If you want a honest job and are willing to do what is expected of you, this is a fantastic place to work and you can & will advance. If the previous posters don't like working here... The door revolves both ways.

From Pharr, Tx — 03/30/2010

Pay: It pays the rent. More than minimum wage, and if you're single, and living on your own, it's pretty okay. Maybe also as a secondary source of income for a family, but I deffinitely don't know how people can support a whole family on just that salary alone. Respect: I rated it as a three. Supervisors there are only going to give you as much respect as you give them. Benefits: I'm going to be honest, I don't really know much about the benefits offered since I'm pretty young (still at an age where I think I'm invinsible, but I'm sure that will pass) The vision benefits are pretty great and not super expensive, from what I hear though, medical sucks. Job security: HA! as with all call center jobs, you are replaceable. Just make sure you are hitting all your metrics and meeting the call center goals, and you can pretty much guarantee your job as long as Convergys doesn't lose your project. Work/Life Balance: ah, this is where things get tricky. You make friends there. As you can see from other posts, it's imposible not to get the two mixed up. just be careful. It is possible to have a life outside of work, but only if you work either the super early shift (6-2:30) or the late shift. Mid day shifts suck because you're stuck at work for 8 1/2 hrs a day. Career Potential/Growth: another big HA! they rarely hire within the company, and when they do, i'm pretty sure there's alot strings being pulled. sometimes there's opportunities to move from regular agent to trainer or at least floor support, but good luck with that. Location: OMG! to look at it on a map, the location is pretty sweet. it's centralized, so alot of different communities can work there, but try not to get the night shift. It's in a pretty sketchy part of town and there's alot of carjacking going on. Co-worker Competence: Some are good, some are just good at not getting caught doing something bad. Most know what they're doing, but since it's such a repetetive job, you'll see alot of cheating the system going on. Work Environment: super relaxed. Like i said before, it's so easy to blur the line between personal and work life. Just don't take advantage of the situation and you'll be fine. This is a job that pays the rent. I would deffinitely not reccomend it as a career, but if your'e serious about it, you'll do nicely here.

From Pharr — 03/24/2010

I loved going to work every morning and seeing the same people there day after day. Most of them were hard working and dedicated to their jobs. They always gave 110% whether it is because they had a family to support or because they were individuals with strong work ethics. I always felt appreciated at work and felt that I made a difference until the day they laid me off. There was no warning, reason or mention of being let go, just a call to an office and given the “Business Needs” excuse. That was a blow to the stomach. So after giving Convergys 7 ˝ years I was given a shity severance package and the walk of shame. One good thing did come out of it, and I would like to take the time to thank Convergys for its 2 ˝ years of unemployment benefits and the ability to go back to college and finish out my degree without having to work. Thank You Convergys!

From Pharr — 03/24/2010

Where do I start ,I continue to read all these comments that are being left by individuals that obviously have alot of learning to do about working in a professional environment. First, of all the SITE is called Job Vent but very little is being put in about the job itself. I have yet to read a comment about benefits,safe work environment,clean workplace, Or monetary(bonus,raise) compensation for hard work. No one has talked about being an outstanding employee and not seeing it payoff in the end. No one has mentioned being a top performer and consistantly not being compensated. Those are valid complaints about an employer and I am not trying to condone,excuse or justify anyones actions on how they want to be viewed in the public eye, their sexual preference, or vices. I just believe that what you do on your own time has nothing to do with how you do your job. One thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other and those of you who think otherwise obviously can seem to draw line between the workplace and your personal life at home. If you have so much insight to all of these events then i guess you were in the same places or tickets were being sold to these public attractions. The constant highschool talk that is taking place is actually kind of embarrassing because obviously you work for the company and the fact that they hired someone who cant tell the difference between a public forum for JOB complaints and not personal complaints says alot. If you want to be the next Perez Hilton then start your own blog and you can write your very own gossip column. Trying to air someone elses dirty laundry really isnt much of a valid complaint it just shows how little time you spend focusing on your job and how much energy you spend talking about eveything else unrelated to work. Im too busy living my own life to worry about how other people are living theirs. As long as it doesnt affect their performance it shouldnt matter. So if you are so intuned to whats wrong then you should also know the job is all about numbers and if you dont hit those numbers then you are another number being walked out the door. Those of you who have been there and know so much about what going on should know they EVERYONE is expendable no matter who you are. If the complaint has been made and investigated and they were not FIRED to your likely then probably its because you are just going on what you hear in the breakroom. Another Brilliant comment I read was the thought that holding a degree means that someone is educated or able to do a job. Everyday we run into people at all kind of jobs that are working at that job because they can do the job because of their education or DEGREE, but that does not mean they SHOULD be doing that job. If you were ever told NO,or you were denied something whether it was pay,bonus,vacation or any other disservice did you ever bother to find out why? Or was all you heard was NO and started to pout like a 5yr old in a toy store after hearing the same word. Did you even try to understand why you didnt get your way so that you could what you needed to do,changed or fix to ensure that you didnt get denied again. Before you get upset about not getting something try finding out why so that you understand, get informed and avoid pointing the finger at someone else and start pointing it at yourself. You look down and pass judgement when you are on top not on the way up. In other words make sure your Sh*t doesnt stink before you go worrying about someone else. If you are going to start shouting out facts make sure those facts are relavent to your point. Im not saying it is the greatest job either its just a shade above ok but for completely different reasons then the soap opera that is being splattered all over this site. You are entitled to your opinion just please tag it with your name instead of the company because we dont want your ignorance being a shadow on the rest of us. Although I may share the same view and opinion on some of the things being said I was raised with a little more moral fiber and if I have something to say about someone I will take it up with them if it was really that important to me and I wanted it changed. If you can do it better or change the way its being done then apply to move up. I believe I can make a difference and that is why I want to move up in the company untill its time to move on. It is still a place for professionals but will only be that way if the people who work there act PROFESSIONAL.

From Pharr — 03/19/2010

COnvergy'S PrePaid CAll Center is just a Sucky Place too WORK!

From Pharr, TX — 03/18/2010

Okay-so I've seen a couple of negative posts here as well as some that have gotten a lil' too personal. Let me start off by saying that I have been in the customer service business for about 5 years already. At the other center I lasted 3 years and it was horrible-never quit though cause it was easy money. Now I work at Convergys for prepaid service, and let me tell you that I love <3 my job!!!! I really can't complain. When I need help my TL is the first one to assist me and help me out to the best of her ability. I like our managers. They all have their own personalities and are willing to help out when they are needed! So many agents complain about "favoritism" but that's everywhere if you really need a job and are mature u will not let something like that bother you. I've got nothing bad to say about it! I've seen people come in and get fired or quit, but none of the TLs are here to fire people as some may assume. In conclusion I feel that if you really want a job that will give you benefits and give you respect this place is it!

From mission — 03/16/2010

its a job and if your into a kick back job assisting customers its a good steady one as long as i follow the rules im secure