Working at Connextions Inc — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Connextions Inc pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Connextions Inc

From Concord, NC — 04/22/2010

I show up and do my job and I haven't had a problem yet. Buildings are clean and the majority of the staff I have worked with seems competent!

From Jeffersonville, IN — 12/29/2009

I am glad to have found this website to make you reachl my comments about this company in Jeffersonville, which I enjoy visiting and it's a beautiful area. The human ressources staff there seemed me ok, they were quite kind to me and were knowledgeable of the employee's concerns, helping as much as they can, the security staff disappointed me, especially one of them was too unpolite one day, the trainer at that time(February or march 2009)was unprofessional, moody, acting like she had issues with people, maybe she felt strange to have 5 hispanics in the class, she wanted to discourage all of us in class- if you ever read this(trainer) let me tell you that you have to learn to be a good trainer and not get annoyed or acting weird when you hear foreign accents, remember that you are working in a professional environment, not around the corner or at your house, ok)On the other hand, the pay is good but the work environment itself got nasty when I started working because I heard a lot of racial comments, about the new hires, at the beginning I didn't pay attention but the situation annoyed and I decided to leave.
I will not put myself in the position to confront anyone because I knew that most of those co-workers were immature and I consider myself educated and professional, I quickly realized that I would not have any future there and did not complicate my life and quit.

From Jeffersonvile, IN — 10/17/2008

Pay - The pay is horrible! Half of our team is seeking employment at Humana where the pay is $4-$5 more an hour.

Respect - All the coach's are great (one is a little slow) and our manager is fantastic. They will work with you not against you.

Benefits - Forget about the benefits if you have childrens. It's entirely too expensive. It was explained to us that the CEO pays 1/2 of our benefits out of his own pocket - Thank you! But keep your money it's not worth it.

Job secruity - We had a moment early summer. The VP came in and told us he was unsure if we were going to have jobs or not. All health accounts were going to move to Orlando. We were given the option to move to the other account so long as we could pass the IT tests. Good luck with that. It's better now and business is boomin. We are staying busy and everyone is keeping a calm waiting for the storm to pass.

Work/Life balance - Everyone really works with you to ensure you have a schedule that works for both you and the company. I work a standard 8 hour day and my schedule has not changed sicne I'v been there. I'm able to balance my personal life great.

Career Potential/Growth - I have seen people around me promoted to Coach and it feels good knowing our manager believes from promoting within. (Even she received a well deserved promotion) I know that if I was looking to move up my coach would assist me with anything I needed to get there. Right now I'm happy doing what I do.

Location - PERFECT (I live 5 minutes from work, need I say more)

Co-Worker Competence - We have some slow learners but what do you expect if your Coach dosen't know the program why should you? We have been here since December people get with the program already. There are only 2 coachs you can go to for help the other one is useless.

Work Environment - We have a beautiful building and would love to see it stay that way. Did I mention we have a lunch theif? So if you are reading this and you are the lunch theif STOP!!!!! We have diabetics who are on special diets and can not afford for you to steal their lunch so STOP you fool.

All in all it's an OK place to work. I show up everyday and do what i need to do. Management is great and everyone gets along with one another. I'm glad we have our Manager she is fantastic and i'm luckly to be on the team that I am on. I t's a family oriented place and I'm proud to say I work there...Unless Humana calls than I'm gone. Sorry Connextions I have to do what I have to do in order to get by. It's not easy raising a family on so little pay.

From Concord, NC — 10/08/2008

Pay: The pay is not the greatest for the amount of work that is required during a call and sometimes what is required in between and after a call. I have worked for a lot less and I have worked for a lot more. NC does not pay as much as other states but during these hard economic times I guess I should be blessed I even have a job. Actually for the amount of work you do, you should be getting at least $1-$2 more dollars per hour at least. I did get 50 cents raise for a good review after 6 months. That is better than nothing.

Respect: The company says they value their workers and the coaches and upper management tell us about the mission statements and code of ethics but that is really just talk, especially when you are in the recruiters office or going through the orientation/new hire class. Once you are on the floor taking calls you really are just a number and they discount your comments and feelings. The only employees who seem to get any respect are the one who buddy around or have an intimate relationship with a superior. Although the employees come from varied & diverse backrounds and cultures the company does not value women or women over 40.

Benefits: We do have health benefits but the premiums are a little high and if you have any pre-existing condition you are on your own. We earn appox. 1.75 hrs. of paid time off for every 40 hrs. worked but when you try to use it on a Monday or Friday you are denied time off. (Except if you are friends with a supervisor.)

Job Security: Since this is a call center, each project within the company works for a different client. The client or the company can cut you hours or the whole project with out any notice.

Work/Life Balance: Most people have set schedules and that is good for employees like me who want to know what I am doing week to week. I do wish I could pick up additional OT hrs. but they do not come along too often.

Career Potential/Growth: Unless you have the degrees needed for upper management, there is only 1 job level higher than an agent. That is coach and it is a glorified babysitter position. There is no where else to advance to and there are no support positions.

Location: The location is great since I am lucky to live very close. 12 minutes and I do not even have to get on I85.

Co-worker Competence: There are some very knowledgeable co-workers but for the most part most people are slackers. A number of agents on my team, walk around pretending to be asking questions about a procedure while the customer is on hold but what they are really doing in fooling around so the customer gets tired of waiting and hangs up. Some agents actually hang up on the customers. I get that customer in a calll back and I get the customer who is understandabley irate and I take the heat for someone elses mistake. They are very concerned about idle time and average caqll handle time but some agents sit in idle or wrap up, take numerous and extended breaks, long lunches and come in late and clock out early. I break my back to handle every call as best as Ithandlei

Work Environment:

From Concord, NC — 06/24/2008

It isn't all as bad as most make it out to be. You just have to understand you are going there to work. As long as you work and do your job, nobody bothers you.

I do agree though the facilities are gross. Most days I would rather drive up the road to McDonalds and use the restroom.