Working at Comcast — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Comcast pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Comcast

From Philly, PA — 08/07/2008

Great place to work...focusing on customer issues and listening to employees and customers to get better!!

From maryland — 07/13/2008

unfortunately, it is true what they say, its all about who u know rather than what you know. its hard to report to somesone who you know doesnt know the job well however they rely on you to be successful and you dont get the proper recognition... the hardest part for someone not working in customer service (which i started out in, and feel very sad for the people who remain there) is no one ia held accountable for their job....

From NH — 07/01/2008

I started off in the Call Center being a CAE taking calls for about 4 years. Being on the phones in the call center can definitely be challenging and after a long period of time can drive you insane. I was lucky enough to get another job with Comcast off the phones. I must say having a non-call center job is like working for a completely different company. You don't feel the pressure of having to take call after call and in turn makes you more productive. As far as pay, the call center does not pay well but as you get into different departments the pay gets better but not way better. For those in the call center who do not enjoy what they do, there is hope in other departments.

From houston, tx — 06/30/2008

I have to start out by saying that you're gonna burn through a lot of scratchoffs and disappointment if you're trying to get rich working for this company. Unfortunately, as with any well-managed company, the pay reflects the amount of work you put into it. No, no one at Comcast is handing out raises, but you have to earn every penny available.

As far as everyday worklife, its very hard to get fired from this company. True, there are some skilled folks around but some of the people just come here to collect a paycheck. And that only makes you work hard enough not to get fired.

What bothers me is this... How can you rate the place so terrible to work, recommend everyone stay away, and then go and say you've worked here for 9 - 12 years? You're not married to the company. Go work somewhere else, I'm sure someone out there wants your air conditioned cubicle job lol.

Btw I'm a technician.

From Chelmsford, MA — 06/08/2008

The pay is week. Time on the phone is horible. Bathroom breaks weak. Management is poor. Ovrall job sucks!!!!!

From Beverly — 05/12/2008

Great company

From Chelmsford Ma — 04/29/2008

I think that working for comcast has made me succeed in life way better than any other job I've had the pay is pretty good and the benefits are amazing I just recently gave irth and my health insurance covered the 500.00 breast pump when my previous insurance I had before working at comcast wouldn't cover a dime!

From Londonderry, NH — 04/24/2008

Such a great place to work. Strong leadership, excellent opportunities to advance and the feeling that you are supported by your boss is fantastic no, its Comcastic.

From Westford Ma — 01/24/2008

Well I cant say that its the worse place in the world to work, but they definitely do expect miracles out of us. Especially with the FIOS in most of our towns now. Its absolutely impossible to cover all your bases with the workload they give us. Im not saying Verizon is perfect but they do give their guys ample time to get the job done and done right. I just find it hard to do 3 triple installs and 4 trouble calls 100% perfectly. Not to mention then sell the customer something, a customer who has already been through the grinder with customer care. And the lack of overtime is defnitely getting to be a problem with alot of guys. Not to mention they never give us anything to help us out, they only take take take. Take our laptops, take our nextels, take our control over stock we need. I dunno, its tough to do our jobs when we need to fight for the tools to do them. Other guys get them but the rest of us are forced to struggle. You would think a company as large as comcast would give us the tools to do what we need and maybe a lil more. But all and all I think its a good company. But I'm very afraid of the future, especially with Verizon knocking on all doors.

From North Central — 12/10/2007

Well, it has been many many months since all that UNION bullsh.. was being discussed and how ironic, NO UNION or even a vote. The funny part about all this is that the people that are posting negative comments as well as making comments on the positive one's are the SAME people. If you don't believe me see for yourself. Comcast is an excellent place to work. All a union would have done would be to take the money away from the honest hardworking comcasters. THe folks who want a union are the same folks who have been in the SAME jobs year after year. You losers never get promoted because you don't deserve it. You haven't worked for it. All the people that I know that work hard and wanted to progress their careers, have moved on to different positions. Seriously, if you are really that unhappy, then leave. Please leave. We don't want you as peers. We don't need your kind. Comcast was built on the premise of hardwork and dedication to a job well done. Comcast prides itself on THinking Customer first. The problem with you losers is you think Comcast should think about YOU first. They take excellent care of their employees. Granted, I want to make more money, just like everyone else. If you polled EVERY comcast employee they would all say they want to make more money. That's why we work..:) But, I don't excpect any of you losers to understand that. I have a great company for you losers to work for. This company called VERIZON is looking for unmotivated, unprofessional, constant complainers.... you guys would fit in well there. Guess what... They have a union. Want to know why....... BECAUSE THEY NEED ONE......