Work at Comcast — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Comcast pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Comcast

From Pittsburgh, PA — 11/04/2009

I work in the Pittsburgh Call Center and feel that they are fair to employees and offer some really good benefits. No company is perfect but compared to the other companies in the Pittsburgh area, this is about the best you will find. I have seen the other side and the grass is not greener. In this economy we should all be thankful to be working for a company that offers good pay, great benefits, and still offers matching for our 401k. The team down here really seems to care about helping the customer and working to improve things for their employees. Between competition and the economy it isn't easy but at least they are trying.

From NH — 11/02/2009

I've been working for comcast for a year and a half. I am currently making 15.60 an hour which isnt too bad. I start comm tech III training this week and when i am finished i will make around 17-18 dollars an hour. Techs that have been working there for over 3 years are making over 20. I would say that isnt too bad considering that we are just cable guys any way you look at it.... my van is parked at my house... my clothes are payed for... I get a $2000 bonus every year... free cable and internet... plenty off space for career progression, and bonuses for selling stuff.... all in all a decent company to work for

From Connecticut — 09/17/2009

Honestly, reading all these comments i am so surprised, i absolutely love this company. I don't know how the other locations around the country are, but the New England area is GREAT! I have spoken with a few employees and everyone is very satisfied with the work, the pay, and the benefits. Another thing is, i think that everyone should be happy to even have a job in this economy.

From Houston, TX — 07/30/2009

I work as a technician for Comcast and it didn't take long to start making a decent wage with the company. I feel like the level of respect we get from our management is adequate for maintaining a motivated and disciplined workforce, as most people tend to whine a lot. The benefits are possibly the best you can get for a skilled worker at a very large company(the 401k and employee stock purchase plan are top notch!) As long as cable is around, you will have a job. Most positions will put your days off next to each other so you have a "weekend" even if its not at the end of the week, so that makes for a good balance. As long as you are willing to put forth the extra effort you can get promoted when you show the inclination, but they're not just going to hand it to you. Depending on where you live in the metropolitan area, if you talk to your human resources representative they will try to put you closer to your place of residence, though this could take several months. Where I feel is lacking is the level of competence of co-workers, because most people like to milk the fact that we are paid so well and don't realize that things could be much worse... there to collect a paycheck, as it were. I will leave "work environment" at a zero because we don't choose how messy or hostile the customers are. They are usually jerks from the get-go, so a thick skin is necessary for a tech occupation. Doesn't hurt to look good and speak well, either.

From USA — 07/05/2009

Great Company Great Job!

From Palm Beach Region,Florida — 05/02/2009

Been with Comcast 3 years now. Only real issue is lack of decent pay raises or cost of living expense. Other than that work is good keeps me busy. With any company there are good and bad coworkers.

From PA — 04/29/2009

I don't have much to comment on about the company. The pay is decent, the option to move around the company is good, and the benefits are pretty good too. However my gripes are the following: our customer base has to be the dumbest people on earth. I work in tech support and the people who call us are the poster children of ignorance. I think everyone thinks Comcast dictates all aspect of their lives. Pretty much 75 to 80% of the calls we get have nothing to do with us. I have had many people call stating their computer will not turn on and demand Comcast do something about it. You then have to explain to these idiots that we provide internet...and that's it! We don't work on computers, we don't cover anything past the modem. I love when people call about another companys router THEY bought and expect US to fix it. Nope. I even had a person call me and say "My power strip is making a noise...what can Comcast do to fix this?" I sat in silence. I couldn't believe why someone would call US with something like this. We get hammered with such jems like "My internet ain't working", "It don't do nothin", "My mouse stopped working", "I get prank phone calls from the local hospital, Comcast needs to fix this". I had someone once call and scream at me because THEY keep putting their tv on the wrong channel. I do like my job, I like the people i work with, but the customers who we must deal with make the job so challenging.

From Philadelphia — 01/03/2009

Hi All,

let me first say, I don't work for Comcast as an employee but I have worked in the corporate office as a contractor for over a year now. As a contractor working at many Large corporate companies, I have dealt with many different styles of working and with many types of employees. I must say that of all the places I have worked at, Comcast has treated me with the most respect and appreciated the services I delivered to them. Their management are profesional (of course there are bad seeds but if you all want to be realistic I think you would agree this is everywhere) and I found that the Comcast way of working is the most forward thinking I have seen in a long time for a company of this size. They require allot from their employees (and contractors) but they also reward well compared to other companies. The problem is that from what I see you either sink or ski here. If you do well you do very well, if you can't keep up you end up writing post like allot of people I have seen hear. In today's economy, you should be grateful that your Company is working so hard (and pushing their employees so hard) to maintain their leadership position in the industry which in turn will provide you with job security in the long run. Work hard and forget the BS and from what I have seen you will be rewarded.

From Sandy UT — 09/17/2008

Comcast is a great company to work for. They have amazing benefits, they care about their employees, they are constantly looking for ways to make the job better. I have worked here for over 8 years and I never want to leave.

From Tennessee — 08/29/2008

I was recently fired from Comcast 3 weeks ago 3 months away from my 5 yrs. I worked in the call center for a little over a year and was miserable and got promoted to another department, where I was so happy for the remainder of my time there. I had a lapse in judgement one day and helped fellow coworker out and in return we both got fired. All in all, I think Comcast is an awesome place to work and would give anything to go back.