Working at Comcast — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Comcast pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Comcast

From Knoxville, TN — 10/20/2010

With the exception of a couple of people, the leadership at Comcast is outstanding. Everyone from our Call Center HR Manager to most of our Call Center Managers, Supervisors and Directors really do care about us and support us. This is a great place to work. Excellent benefits, good pay, and they provide us with fun, food and festivities on a regular basis. We spend more time at work than we do at home and I appreciate the efforts made to make this a great place to work!

From Beaverton Oregon — 08/25/2010

Im sad to see all the bad posts about Comcast. Ive worked for them for almost 3 years now and this is honestly the best company I have ever worked for. My managers are great, my coworkers are great, everyone has a mutule respect for each other. I get recognition for all my hard work if you get a customer compliment it goes out in a company e-mail and you get a certificate for it. you deffentally get reconginzed for all the hard work you do. ive been given several awards for my hard work and meeting all my metrics. everyone gets along great and your teams are honestly like your work family. While sales are high on their priority list and they do push it alot you are told that when you are in your interview for the job. no matter what dept you are in you are required to sale.
The job itself is stressful especially since this market is the test market for all the new products. things change constantly and there is always something new happening .With all the new products and constant changes it get frustrating trying to keep up, but the management does the best they can to keep us updated and trained. we get a 30 minute time frame once a week to do trainings. Not to mention with all the changes and updates alot of stuff breaks so it creates high call volume of angery people :).
As far as benefits go their great! I have full medical and dental a competive 401k which they match. I can chose between several differnt companies to go with for my medical and dental and vision if I needed or wanted it. I get free cable and internet and home phone service for only 4 bux a month. I have to pay for my equiptment but my total comcast bill monthly is around 35 bux and thats for every channel that they offer! not ot mention 2 weeks paid vacation 64 hours of sick pay and an additional 48 hours for floating holidays. and thats when you just start out. after 5 years you get a additional week of vacation. I love my job my co-workers my leadership team and all my benefits while the job is stressful and challenging at times I dont see myself leaving comcast anytime soon. Ill probably change positions or try a new dept but I deffentally wont be leaving the company the benefits alone make it work working for. oh yeah and the pay is pretty good. I support my family off of just my income while money is tight we make it, and if I chose there is ALWAYS over time available!
By the way I forgot to mention I get to work from home!!! I get to spend time with my family on my breaks and can cook a hot meal for lunch! I litteraly can work in my pajamas! I dont have to waste money on gas or eating out every day! I only have to go into the office once a month for a meeting with my supervisor to go over my stats and listen to one of my calls and comcast even pays for my gas when I do have to trave the whole 5 miles to the call center! I really dont have to much bad to say about this company or this paticular call center its amazing. I love it!

From Huntsville, Alabama — 04/26/2010

I have been an employee at Comcast Cable for a few years now and I have seen my fair share of people come and go. To be honest I have no complaints with Comcast . As stated in a previous comment yeah there are somethings that could be better but thats with any company. Room for improvement is often needed. No company is perfect. Comcast is really big on Ethics and Diversity and thats one of the reasons why I love my job. I cant speak for anyone else but I feel respected and feel that management cares about my well being and my performance as an employee of Comcast. My growth and training has been wonderful and I would rate my department as the Best if ever asked. To each is its own. If a company changed everything everyone asked, you would still have people who arent satisfied. My thing is if you hate your job that much and feel like you are treated unfairly then find another job. I love my job and can see myself doing it for awhile and the money is great. They pay is competitive in some departments with other surrounding jobs in the area. The benefits are excellent. I know a lot of you will read this and know who I am.. Oh well.... What can I say... I LOVE MY JOB....smooches

From Huntsville, AL — 04/24/2010

I have enjoyed my time with Comcast, I have been here for several years now. The communication within the company can definitely use some improvement, but I think that happens in just about every company you work for. The benefits are great, I love the free cable, I have been spoiled by it. I love explaining our products to our customers, most of them don't even know about it. All in all, I really enjoy my job, and don't mind working for Comcast. Could definitely use a pay raise, but couldn't everyone?

From huntsville, alabama — 04/24/2010

good company, with good benefits and pay

From Huntsville, Al 35806 — 04/16/2010

As i read employee concerns that work at the Delta Area Call Center, in Huntsville. It bothers me a great deal. Comcast is a wonderful company to work for. Who ever keep disrepecting the brand, needs to get a life. If you are unhappy, then leave cowards! Comcast has an open door policy, so use it in a professional manner. To all of the leadership that works in the building, from HR to the Director, Trainers, Managers, Supervisors, Leads..etc..do an outstanding job. It takes special, strong, people with integrity to do what they do. That is what Comcast as a company is all about. Who cares who is sleeping with who. Do i think that it is right?..no..will it get me ahead in the company by being negative?..minding other people's business..no! Normally, when employees blog, there are miserable with them selfs as a person. Misery loves company! Stop pointing the finger and be responsible for your own actions and success. I been working in Corparate America for years, its politics. So i will leave on this note, either shut up, put up, or leave. If I'm not happy working some where, I leave, move on and don't look back. So every time we want to be negative on here, I will be positive..beacuse thats just the type of person I'm...It takes to much energy to be negative..Comcast Rocks!

From Rolling Meadow, IL — 04/14/2010

Best sales job out there! Great Benifits, you make your own schedule, you never see your boss... And best of all... YOU GET PAID EXTREMELY WELL!!! Six figures for this guy!!!!

From ut — 03/24/2010

I worked at this company for a about a year. We went through training for a good 8 weeks and it was average. The work environment was normal depending who you associated with. I think some people shouldn't be in leadership position because of their work ethics, but that can be said by every company. Most of the team leaders were fair, helpful and fun to be around with. The biggest annoyance that I faced while working at Comcast was the constant pricing changes or promotions that they offered, which made the job difficult each month. The pay is not great unless you are making sales, but the opportunity is available to advance and make more pay. Customer care department I believe is the most stressful because of dealing with mainly upset customers 8 hrs a day literally and many incorrect system codes that wont be fixed. Other than that its pretty much a mediocre job. If your planning to work here I would recommend tech support or sales.

From Fife, WA — 03/17/2010

I didn't hate the work environment I was in at first. In fact, I loved going to work. I understood that as the new kid in town I'd get the least desirable shift until the next shift bid. I knew that I'd have to sacrifice time with my husband and kids for a few months. The problems didn't really begin until my son became very sick and was in and out of the hospital. I went through all of my flex time and vacation days just taking care of him. Thankfully October rolled around and I got more, but then I myself became very ill and missed work, ultimately needing surgery. I was told to apply for short term disability, which I did, but in the end, only part of my time off was approved, even though I had letters from my doctors stating that I had to be out as long as I was. I showed up to work one day, was confronted by human resources, told I had been terminated, and escorted out of the building without even taking my things, as if I was going to become violent or something. I was allowed to pick them up in the front office the next day.

I understand why they're so strict about breaks and lunches. I understand why there has to be rules about getting up and going to the bathroom. But when you go to work with a stomach flu because you know if you miss, you'll "waste" a flex day, and you STILL get in trouble for too many bathroom breaks, well...I'd say there's kind of a problem there, wouldn't you?

I had absolutely no problems with any of the management. I thought they were all great people. I don't think they were trained properly for their positions, but that's not their fault. I believe that they were over stressed because of upper management coming down on them, but I never had a single problem with any of them. I was there just shy of a year and aside from the attendance policies leaving absolutely NO breathing room or options in case of emergency, I had a decent time working there. It is true that the turnover rate there is high, but most people get let go for attendance issues or quit because of how strict they are. If you are more than 3 minutes late, that's no different than missing the whole day. I understand there has to be rules, but come on. When there's a foot and a half of snow in my front yard and my roads haven't been cleared off so I'm stuck for 3 days, please don't write me up just because you chose not to close the call center. It's great that the roads are fine in Fife. They're not fine everywhere else.

I guess I have mixed emotions about my time at Comcast. I enjoyed most of my coworkers, made the day as tolerable as I could, and left it at that. There are going to be things you don't like about every job you have, and this was by far not the worst of them for me. The benefits were pretty good, and more affordable than at most places, and the work environment was pretty pleasant most of the time. Yes, sometimes you're surrounded by negativity, and yes, it's difficult not being able to help the customers out in the way you'd like to because of the rules, but that's all just part of the job. Even after I was let go, I'd still tell people it's a decent place to work. It's stable employment and a steady paycheck. These days, who can really complain?

From Pittsburgh,Pa — 03/03/2010

I will be honest been with the company for 2 years. Never had no issues with nobody. Problems that I have encountered is issues with other caes that don't explain when making adjustment s to an account always tell customer that bill would need to be paid in full then credit will be applied. Comcast has been great to me for benefits,commissions, and happy with my hours of work. Only thing that really frustrates me due is the installation department closing out work orders for customers for which a tech has not been there? What? Then you send a tracker to have this researched and then a dispatcher tells me to rebuild a work order? I am sorry from the other company I worked from and dispatched from if the work was completed out by accident or error and or whatever the case is we rolled outside the csg work order and do the job, due to the office or subcontractor already got paid to do the job. And no offense if you are tech and or dispatcher instead of calling a customer and before you cancel a job for crying out loud knock on the door and call the customer and leave house description notes......and also to outdoor reps look up the information and first and give all disclosures on billing before you make sales this is getting very old!