Working at Cleveland Clinic — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Cleveland Clinic pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Cleveland Clinic

From Cleveland OH — 10/17/2010

I was employed by Cleveland Clinc for 15+ years. When the department I worked in was outsourced I was promised another position by my Director. I agreed to stay and help with the transition. Once the transfer was complete, suddenly the job that had been promised no longer existed. And in order to get outplacement I had to sign an agreement that I wouldn't sue the Clinic. I took the outplacement package and have never looked back. I was glad to be out of that organization. I am better off and much happier. If you are not a medical professional and/or someone who is willing to advance on the backs of their co-workers, the Clinic is not the place for you.

From Cleveland, OH — 08/25/2008

My position was largely administrative with some managerial responsibilities. Given my background, skills, and the work to be performed, I felt I was compensated very well. This is partly due to my ability to negotiate prior to job acceptance. I have a coworker I supervised who unfortunately began at a lower level and was never able to get her salary adjusted to a commensurate level for her accrued experience during her time there. As a salaried worker, I was expected to work more than 40 hours a week if needed of course.

I felt there were plenty of opportunities to get involved in committees and make a difference where you wanted to see one, and I took advantage of that.

I loved working here - it was an environment with learning options (grand rounds, conferences, classes sponsored by HR, etc.).

The only major complaint I have is the parking situation. Ok, so you get used to taking a shuttle to your car 10 minutes away. But on SNOW days - whew. Prepare for it to take an hour to go nowhere. Very frustrating.

There were a lot of politics and stress involved with working there, but I think that was largely a result of the particular department I was in. It's a huge organization, so the propensity towards gossip is there for sure!

Honestly, I miss working here and I miss my coworkers too. It was my favorite organization to work for, by far.