Working at Citizens Bank — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Citizens Bank pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Citizens Bank

From Cranston, RI — 08/29/2010

I think many of the reviews here focus on the retail side of the bank. While the retail side may be awful, most retail jobs are. I don't work for the retail side, but instead the back office so my review will be based off of that.

Pay
I've always thought the pay was more than adequate. Then again, I'm relatively new to the bank. Oldtimers are used to a bonus and such, which has since been done away with.

Respect
This is a tough one for me. I've always felt respected, but a lot of this depends on your individual manager

Benefits
These are the same for BO (back office) as they are for retail. For "retail" standards this would be a plus 10, for an "office" they are about a plus 4. The Tuition reimbursement is very generous (100% plus books) $1:$1 match on charity contributions and 401 k (up to 6%) + 3% of your salary....that's very uncommon, especially in these times.

Job Security
Well they outsourced many of the jobs to India, especially for IT but who knows if that has been completed. We're told it has been, but no one really seems to know for sure

Work/Life Balance
Generous PTO policy combined with more holiday than one usually gets in retail means you can get a lot of time off. I feel that i've been fairly "compensated" with time off if I've had to work during a holiday

Career Potential/Growth
The potential to change jobs is there...it 's a hurry-up and wait type of situation. But it is possible

Location
Convenient...right off the highway, near 295 and 95

Co-worker Competence
Just like any place, some people know their stuff, and others don't. There's no such thing as co-=worker nirvana. Just have to learn to take the good with the bad. The only problem is the "good" people are easily identified, and are often gone to directly in order to avoid mediocre support.

Work Environment
They are moving people to a "new area" which is supposed to foster collaboration, but is more like a bingo hall.

All in all every place has its' "BS", but at Citizens it doesn't seem all that bad.