Work at Cintas — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Cintas pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Cintas

From Bedford IL — 10/11/2009

I worked here for 10 years.

From Bedford Park — 09/23/2009

Review of the National Account division in Bedford Park-Overall not a bad place to work. Slightly below average pay but decent benefits as far as healthcare is concerned. I am amazed at the lack of leadership and talent within the management team. Same old bozo's running this building, not much has changed. They have jut gotten older and given themselves titles that impress nobody. Corporate leadership needs to make major management changes in this building. First things first though ask the people doing the work what they think of there management team.

From MT. Pleasant — 08/23/2009

I totally agree with the last post. This is sad, times are hard and im glad to have a job. Not every job is perfect and Im sure I could complain too but I feel there are more goods than bads about cintas. Tha job is stable, the pay is OK, and yes the numbers, I like to know what is expected of me, I do my job, get my numbers and have no problems. It seems if everyone spent more time trying to do there job and not complaining everything would be better and it wouldnt be harder on the ones who are doing our jobs and picking up the slack for the ones who arent.I also like the lunches we have once in a while, more would be nice, and the plant picnic was nice also. So all in all not such a bad place to work.

From Mt. Pleasant — 08/22/2009

This is sad. I am not ashamed of where I work but you guys I work with. It is hard to believe that people spend as much time as they do complaining about their job. We are all expected to do our part and all this complaining is making our jobs harder. Some of us really need this job to live. If we all just do our job this will take care of itself.

From Ohio — 05/25/2009

Here is a legitimate review if anyone cares to read it.
PAY- The pay is pretty in line w/ the industry. You do have to negotiate well for your starting salary and raises, or you will get the bottom tier or standard 2-3% raise everytime. We are taught to justify this regardless of the quality of your work and character.

RESPECT- There is not an environment of disrespect at Cintas so much as a general idea of employees as 'bodies' rather than 'people'.

BENEFITS- Cintas is a very large company and can demand great rates on health insurance. They offer profit sharing and an ESOP. They contribute a % of your dollars to 401k as well.

JOB SECURITY- The ax can drop at anytime. If it is decided that a partner needs to go, a situation will be created where someone goes. Tenure and, believe it or not, job performance are often non-factors. You should be aware of this fact if you are logging more payable hours than others in your position, paid more than others in your position, or your location is losing revenue. You should know these will not be presented as the reason you are let go.

WORK/LIFE- Depending on your position, your hours could vary up to over 60 a week. The sheer amount of time is what results in a low rating here. It is a flexible environment in the sense that a partner can make adjustments to their workday fairly often if needed for out of work activities.

CAREER POTENTIAL- There are growth opportunities, but many open management positions are filled by outside hires or partners hired specifically as managenent or gm trainees.

LOCATION- Every facility I have personally seen has been clean and well maintained.

CO-WORKER COMPETENCE- Cintas has a fairly exhaustive interview process. While you might not always work with people that you'd volountarily spend 5 seconds with outside of work, there are few who aren't competent in their position.

WORK ENVIRONMENT- Like other places, there are a lot of smart, generous, hard-working, decent people at my location. Unfortunately, the pleasant experiences of working at Cintas are off-set by constant job uncertainty.

There are many positives aspects of working at Cintas. You should always keep in mind that if it suits your locations needs, you can be gone at any moment-regardless of your performance, position, and/or tenure.

From Buffalo, New York — 05/08/2009

I am a long term SSR and am very unhappy with the Union talk and activity in Buffalo. My pay is darn good(especially with the economy and unemployment the way it is) and everyone is slowly going to a 4 day work week which is fantastic!!(More time with family and friends!) The benefits are decent-but I DO HAVE benefits which is the most important fact. My co-workers and Supervisors treat me with respect. Why? Because I do my job very well!! The only SSR's who are interested in paying money to a Union to balance out our pay are the low payed SSR's who do a poor job and can not sell or grow their routes.(and do not feel that they have job security like we do. These are the same guys who think we win contests because the same people are lucky or have better routes. We will make the right decision. We do not need this Matt Cole guy riding with us and interigating us ALL DAY.All he does is talk about the negative things that will happen if we have a Union and keeps asking us questions about the Union and asking us who is involved. He even has told several people that things will change in Buffalo when he is the General Manager. We do not need someone like Matt Cole adding fuel to the fire. The things he asks us and talks about to us on the routes are totally out of line. Does he think we do not talk to each other? He made it clear to me that he will make the necessary changes once this Union situation is handled and he is the new General Manager. That does not seem like something he should be discussing with SSR's that he barely knows. We do go by the philosphy "Whats happens on the trucks stays on the trucks", but that does not apply to a stranger who talks Union all day and asks us 200 questions about the Plant MGR, HR MGR, Service Management and especially the General Manager. He drilled two SSR's about Route Check-In and made it clear that when he is GM things will change. Hey fellow SSR's----LET's Stop The Union Talk. Let's just do our Job's. If you are not a good SSR-please change that or change careers. Please stop this Matt Cole from making our work days ackward all day!! We have it preety darn good Guys!! I'm done ! Thanks!

From Northeast — 04/16/2009

I would like to say I have been an employee for CINTAS for 2 years now and love it. My areas are great, I love my customers and love being on the road. All you people who are on hear complaining are the ones who ruin it for everyone else. Let me say these key poiunts that you all must not have the vbrain power to comprehend.
1) most of us only work 4 days!!! 4 days!!!!!
2)We have a job!!! And in these times with the economic trouble and lay offs you ungrateful people should thank CINTAS that you have a job to support you and your family.
3) We get paid pretty dam good for what we do
4)No matter where you work or who you work for, you will deal with problems and crap you don't like. Thats just life. Its when you come on things like this site and complain that you make a big deal for nothing. You need to understand that no matter where you are you will run into these problems.
5) Get a life. Every job has a hazard or an issue or another company trying to put false or exaggerated info out there to make us look bad or any other industry for that matter!!! Look ay politics, people pay companys or TV stations or newspaper to put out lies or make small things into a big deal!!!!

Basically to sum it up, we should understand everyone deals with crap at any job. If jobs were meant to be easy or fun than everyone would be doing it. But some people are lazy and want things there way. You think guys who build buildings or cities are gonna say "oh god this job sucks, its dangerous and if I get hurt I'm gonna sue"? Well if they do they are morons because every job has dangers of risks and you know what they are when you get into them. Its the smart people who do their job and follow the rules that succeed and enjoy there job and than there are people who half ass everything and want to do nothing and be lazy and get paid or dont follow rules and procedures who get hurt or worse and come on here and complain like babies. Thats why they make rules and procedures to follow!!! Just like a traffic light. Red means stop. If youn don't follow the rules and stop your gonna drive through it and probably get in an accident and get hurt or killed or hurt or kill someone else. So who's fault is that? Or are you gonna sue the town because you blew through. I mean come on people. Get a clue!!!! This is real life. Learn to deal with you job and what comes along with it and stop wasting our time. I'm sure instead of coming on here and bashing the company paying you, you probably could use that time to be better at your job and do your job right!!!!

Sincerely,

A SSR who loves his job!!!

From Toronto, Ontario — 04/10/2009

The pay is fair and the work environment is comfortable. They do not give cash bonuses per se, but they do provide you with multiple meals on a very regular basis as a thank you. Sales reps make a good commission and have reasonable expense allowance, which is high in the industry. Stable career opportunities are reserved for a select few, especially MT's who develop a close relationship with their General Manager. Their company mission statement is very accurate to describe this growing company: We will exploit our customers to maximize the long term profit for senior executives at the expense of our working partners.

From West of Mississippi — 02/03/2009

This review will be about as accurate and honest as I can be. I was a president's club rep for years, a top sales rep and have outlasted many a rep over those years. I have seen poor hiring on sales and ops. The respect I had was great and work life balance was good. I always worked hard but hit a wall when I felt I was hurting the customer with those 60 month contracts. Those long-term contracts were unnecessary and the knife I had to my back to perform like a circus lion was a little too much for me at times. The sales meetings were sometimes juvenile (what's your favorite movie category...now your favorite dance move) Sales training was good. The work environment was favorable and I liked my Sales Manager for the most part. My General Manager was a hard worker but had no tact, hated salesmen and was in a constant fear of accounts going south the minute the folder passed over his desk. He was too service friendly for my taste. The GM before him was tops, loved sales reps but left the company. This company has changed so much in the last year. We still never had laptops when I recently left. I earned good money and am thankful for the opportunity to work for a company that afforded me a great living. The catch...look yourself in the mirror with pride and feel like you are helping businessess and not hurting them. Not a chance. I felt so bad about leaving the customer with the fact that his service would be par at best and he would want to cancel within a year because of poor service or numerous price increases. I thankfully work for a company that actually helps it's customers instead of sucking the blood from them to make a handsome buck. I had my day in the sun with Cintas but those days are behind me now. I am much happier now.

From Tampa, Florida — 01/04/2009

I recently left Cintas on my own to start my own company. Last year I was the #1 sales rep in the country. All I can say about the company is it was great to me and for anyone else who was willing to work hard. From a sales point of view if you are not willing to go to work you should quit. Your sucsess is a direct result of your effort. I would highly reccomend anyone who wants a career to apply to the company be willing to work and always do the right thing. I was reading stories of internal integrity issues and all I can say is it a poor hiring descision that led to these issues. Integrity starts with the source and If a service manger makes a comment about integrity issues they should look in the irror first. All the best SG Tampa Florida