Working at Cintas — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Cintas pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Cintas

From Cleveland, OH — 08/19/2010

You name it, this company provides for it. This is the only company I have ever worked for that treats their employees as well as their customers. Customer service is a number one priority and I am always amazed at how quickly complaints, concerns etc., are handled with the utmost professionalism and urgency. In today's crazy world having job security and working for such a great company is something to be very thankful for. If you work "right" at Cintas - Cintas works right by you. The benefits are top notch and the opprotunities are endless if you just do your job. How often do you find that these days?

From Everett, wa — 07/15/2010

Reading previous comments made about Cintas, I find it very interesting that people can be so vocal about how terrible the company they work for or workED for is. My experience has been that Cintas, like many other large Corporations has it's good and it's bad. Guess what, it's a JOB. I have found that the people that work at the Everett location, especially the production partners, are some of the most amazing people I have met. Maybe I have this different opinion because I, like many other Cintas partners, take accountability for my actions and know that as a mature adult, it's my responsibilty to figure out how to get the most of this job and not just play the victim. You can call it drinking the "Cintas Koolaid" or whatever you want, I don't really care. Bottom line is that I am happy working for the company not because everyone there makes my work experience great, but because I have made the choice to make may own work experience a positive one and surround my time at work with others that seem to share the same mentality, and guess what, it's not just management partners!

From San Diego, CA — 04/08/2010

I just want to tell all you Cintas SSR'S all over America that our location 694 in San Diego is ready to vote YES to join the union. Of course some super route guys do not want the union, but guess what ? we are goin to have one on April 16th election day.
Now the GM, the Managers, are kissing our asses, and the union busters? poor bastards they do not what the F.
It is the time to have RESPECT and Better wages.
I will keep you posted.

From California — 03/23/2010

I have been with this company for a lot of years, you do work hard, but they reward the hard work. I appreciate all they do for us. How many people can say their wages have gone up over 10% in the last year. Shitty economy and they are still moving my salary up.

I am not sure why the other are so upset, obviously they are disgruntled and just like to bitch. Great company. Good luck

From MI — 02/17/2010

Let me start by saying that I work at a Union location, so that may explain my overall pleasant experience with the company. The management team at my location is great. They expect a ton, but have always backed me on a decisions I've made with a customer. If I feel like a charge or price increase is not fair I am free to discuss it with the customer, and come to a mutually beneficial resolution. Quality of life is tough especially when you are first starting, but that gets better over time as you learn to cope with the substantial work load. I think like any company mid level management can make a big difference one way or another, and Cintas' numbers oriented approach leaves room for some people to cut corners to make their numbers look better. I think in the past there was a great deal of emphasis on short term numbers, which caused some bad long term strategies, but I think the company is working to rectify this. Cintas is different from any company I have ever worked for, but I always know what to expect. I never have to worry about the whims of a manager to evaluate my job performance, and at most jobs you cannot say that.

From Ohio — 02/05/2010

I've read these Cintas posts for months before finally deciding to make a comment.
After working for Cintas for multiple years now, it is obvious to me that this company typically attracts an impressive caliber of partner. The overwhelming majority of Cintas partners are hardworking, humble, loyal, and driven to be successful. I'm not an SSR, but I am especially proud of the work the SSRs do on a daily basis, for they are truly the face of Cintas and, in my opinion, have more to do with this company's success than any other specific group of partners. From a Cintas Rental Division location perspective, I believe that managers in operations (General/Branch Managers and Service Managers) along with Sales Managers and Sales Reps often possess "Type A" personalities. Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that many of these negative posts are from frustrated "Type A" partners who were unable to find the success at Cintas they were used to achieving in past experiences in their lives, whether it be school, or sports, or previous jobs.
The posts come across as little more than sour grapes, but by no means am I suggesting that the negative posts stop being submitted. I find the posts to be interesting and a little bit entertaining. But the posts are sad in a way, too. They're sad because Cintas initially hired you because you were thought to be a good fit for Cintas. And you initially accepted a job at Cintas because you felt the company was a good fit for you. But somewhere along the way the relationship ended.
For all of the current partners who aren't currently satisfied and find themselves frustrated, you have choices: talk to your manager and try to collectively determine why you are dissatisfied or find another job if you feel the relationship between you and Cintas is beyond repair. Either way you will be happier then you are now. But complaining about Cintas after you have left the company does little more than provide readers like me insight and entertainment.

From Phoenix, AZ — 02/01/2010

I am a UR Sales Representative here in the Phoenix market. I have been involved with a lot of different corporate jobs and Cintas (so far) is taking great care of me. My base is solid (45k), their benefits are incredible (140/month for whole family insurance on blue cross blue shield), and my favorite part is the car package. Basically you get, a company lease back, meaning they pay me a monthly fee for using my own vehicle on the job. They also pay for the insurance, gas (via company visa), and a stipend for maintenance. So their comp package is pretty good. The downside is, Cintas being the largest UR provider in North America, means that they will only hire people who want to shine and be the best. This means for the employee that a 40 hour work week is NOT typical at all. You should be out from 7am to 5:30 pm Monday through Friday with various Admin tasks after work or on the weekends. So far I love it. I think some people on here are just a little bitter for some reason.

From tx — 12/31/2009

Reading these comments almost makes me sick. Every negative comment is based off the traits of SSR's that Cintas would rather not employ. In the uniform rental industry it is very easy to be portrayed as a con man. We do have lost/replacement goals. 30% for shop towels.. Think about it. 100 shop towels at $0.12 = $12. 30% of $12.00 is $3.60. It only takes 7 towels to reach that goal. If you count the towels...every week. The way you're supposed to you'll find that 7 towels is extremely generous compared to what most customers return. Also, the 30% is simply a goal. It's not required.There is never disciplinary action if you don't achieve that goal,

Pay. Cintas pays an UNEDUCATED man/woman very well. There's not many jobs that work 4 DAY WEEKS, no SATURDAYS or SUNDAYS. The health insurance is phenomenal. And Cintas is one of the remaining companies that pays weekly. For all of you who say you don't get support from management. You aren't paid to $12 bucks an hour to pick up and drop off clothes. You're probably paid somewhere around $42,000 a year....You're paid to handle your own business with SUPPORT from your STC or SERVICE MANAGER when needed. Don't expect them to do your job for you

Service Agreements. Yeah we use them. Yep 5 years, Look at the investment we make in our customers. We need to guarantee our business to make a return. Yeah, there's also price increases. What company doesn't raise there prices yearly. The world keeps getting more expensive. Only a bad SSR wouldn't inform there customers before this happens. We even mails letters out before hand. We never just raise the prices and hope the customer doesn't see it. In most cases if a customer refuses the price increase we take it off. It's business.

Adding product without customer knowledge. Another shady SSR trait. From time to time we have route growth competitions. That's when a shitty SSR will just add product. Cintas never encourages this. It probably does happen. But SSR's have and will be fire if caught We do offer free trials, install the product and add the product to the invoice the same day....but you have to remember to follow up with the customer the next week....REMOVE the product from the invoice if the customer doesn't want it. That's what Cintas teaches. Not to add the product and hope the customer doesn't see it.

Most SSR's anger and hatred towards Cintas comes from there own inability to perform the job. They can't handle the high stress of 100+ customers. It can be a stressful job. And as they fail they blame everyone around them rather than admit they can't do it. As they strugle to succeed they find the only way is to rip off the customer. Giving Cintas a bad name....not the failure of a shitty SSR.

From indiana — 12/09/2009

I currently work for Cintas and I think it is a great place to work. My Service Manager I feel always has my best intrest at heart and is willing to fight for better raises and bonuses. I consider myself lucky to have gotten into such a good company. I have worked there for 3 years and cant complain about a single thing. I do agree the hiring process in lenghty but well worth it I had four interviews and it took a total of 3 weeks before I new for sure I had the job. I have gotten 3 raises and one of them was a considerable large raise. I would recomend this company to anyone who wants to work for a company with great benefits and a good casual atmosphere.

From Palm Beach County — 11/08/2009

I was in sales at CIntas and two things stick out. They under pay and work the you know what out of the FSR's. The FSR's should be making just as much as a sales rep. Why ? because they are the glue between the customer and Cintas. I don't understand how they put all of the problems on the FSR's. They send them out without enough of inventory, they leave with missing uniforms that they can't do anything about, they can't always get quality ungraded wear to customers, repairs are not always done correctly. WOW, FSR"s just take all of the heat. It's like fighting the Iraq war with a putty knife. Cintas needs to pay their FSR's more and give them more empowerment to decide what they think is best for their customers and route. Can I get an AMEN.

NOw concerning sales: They don't give a crap about excuses, you either perform or you are out the door -PERIOD. I think their sales work load is unreasonable.From phone blocking to getting up @ 4:00 am to meet a customer just to measure them. The wear and tear on your car, etc.The other stuff ,do it on your own time. Like paper work, emblems issues, customer problems etc. They want you to sell, sell, sell. Don't do anything other than sale between 8-5 Golden hours. If you have to go to the restroom wait until after 5:00. There reason : the time you spend in the restroom is lost time that you could have been selling. I know this is a hyperbole statement, but I'm not to far from reality. Can I get a witness out there ? You sales people know what I'm saying and the micro managing of every report is unprecedented. Inaddtion, If you have a dental appt or something, they would perfer you do it on the weekend. Do you think Scott Famer would wait for the weekend to go to the dentist ? Nope, so why should I........

Just think sales : You sign a 5 year deal and get paid 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 who's getting the difference. Cintas and investors. We make these *%(*&&$% RICH and one slip up and you got the boot.

When I worked for Cintas they were so arrogant and to BIG to fail. Cintas, I have news for you. "Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall". You keep screwing your employees and customers and one day you will find yourself no longer the BIG DOG , just a little puppy or no longer a player in the industry.

And by the way: GO OBAMA !! -stick it to these coporations and make sure they pay there fair share....