Working at CIGNA — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about CIGNA pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at CIGNA

From Phoenix, AZ — 04/10/2010

I have worked for CIGNA for 2 years only. I think it is a good job and am happy in my role. It was hard to get hired but once I did I felt that I had a good position, good pay, and good benefits. My experience was out of health care and comparing other companies, pay, and benefits, CIGNA was good.

From Philadelphia — 10/28/2009

Been with the company four years. Facing tough times, but leadership has been strong. People complain about health benefits but expecting to get everything you want by paying little is how our health system hit the wall.
Half the battle in a job is the people around you. Work with many great people at Cigna.

From Columbus, OH — 12/08/2008

I have been with CIGNA for almost 20 years and couldn't be happier. Granted, over the years there have been numerous incompetent managers. People that had no business in those types of positions, and that had no idea how to "manage" people. But you just try to outlast them, since you know they're not going to be in that position for too long.

I worked in the claims department for a few years. And while the pay was only average, that's expected when all you do is data entry with minimal analysis and required skills. The overtime that was available made up for the pay. During my years in claims, I never made less than $36,000, and made as much as $53,000 during years I worked a lot of overtime. I averaged about $46,000.

I'm currently working closely with Providers and make a little over $58,000. I like the job but we have a small office, and I don't see a lot of potential for growth.

I really like the people I work alongside. There really isn't a lot of "teamwork", but when somebody needs help, others are always willing to step up.