Working at Chuck E Cheese — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Chuck E Cheese pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Chuck E Cheese

From Brookfield, WI — 08/27/2010

The Brookfield Chuck E Cheese is the biggest in the midwest and run by one of the best bosses I've ever had, Ken.
The management crew is great, and the district tech, Joe, is one of the best dudes around.
I have a very high opinion of this job, and I love it. From what it seems, it looks like many other CEC's are run like shit, but I have nothing but love for this job.

From Slidell, LA — 04/10/2010

It was a good first job. The people I worked with were friendly, down to earth, laid back people. They helped you when you needed help and didn't hover. You better like kids and pissy parents though!
Overall it was an alright job, I wouldn't go back to it. But for kids lookin for a first job I would recommend it.

From New Orleans, La — 02/18/2010

I worked here when I was in high school. My managers treated all of the male workers like shit, and favored the female workers. Outside of the favoritism, my coworkers were fun to work with and it was a good start for my first ever job.

From Spokane, WA — 03/04/2009

A few months ago, I started working at Chuck E. Cheese - while the training process was somewhat tedious and the managers were very strict about the uniforms, things quickly settled down.
You definitely start at minimum wage, and you don't get any benefits which isn't *great* BUT - you can essentially command your own hours. When I applied I requested to cashier, and I requested 20-30 hours a week. C.E.C. held to their word, and I cashier 25 hours a week.

The work environment at our store is amazing. All of the managers are humorous, good-natured, down to earth people who treat us with respect and dignity despite the fact that most of the employees are just little kids.

The work is easy, and surprisingly fun.
If you plan to make a career out of it - your wages will go up. Otherwise, it's a great filler-job for any High School or College student. If you don't mind $20 less every week, in exchange for a nice work environment, then this is a great place for you to work. :)

From Manassas, VA — 06/07/2008

I started at 6, got a raise to 6.25 after three months, and after a year & a promotion I finally was moved up to 7.75. I got very little respect from the GM, but the other managers we're pretty awesome. I didn't get benefits, thats a joke. It's pretty hard to get fired from there, many people just show up late, don't come in... they don't care.

Work/Life balance... you can pretty much make your own schedule with the power of the "request off book" :)

You can't move up to high in that company without spending a ridiculous, unworthy, amount of years. You can be team2 after a few months, which makes you a trainer and you get a blue shirt. Big deal.

Location was in the middle of the ghetto, but a 4 mile drive for me.

Got along great and made some good friends with my coworkers.

The work enviroment was all right. You get stuck with some stupid jobs but it's all right, I guess...