Working at Chipotle — Reviews by Employees

Learn what employees have to say about Chipotle pay, work/life balance, care potential, job security, and much more by reading our anonymous employee reviews.

Reviews of Jobs at Chipotle

From Glenview, IL — 09/25/2010

It takes a certain kind of person to work at Chipotle, I worked there for a little over a year and overall I had a great time. When I first started it was A LOT of work and very overwhelming...I was thrown into the tortilla station and there is nothing like enduring your first rush hour at the tortilla station...in the summer! You will break a sweat I'll tell ya that. And if you have to make the tortilla chips at the fryer it sucks. But at the same time its challenging and very fun, we had daily competitions to try and meet transaction numbers during a given hour, that was fun. The crew was really nice, I worked mainly in the morning with mostly females, they were all very friendly and welcoming of me, even though I am not Hispanic, unlike what some other reviews said. It's true that they didn't speak much English but they always tried and wanted to learn, we joked around a lot and they taught me some Spanish as well, pay is better than most fast-food places and I had the BEST manager, he was fun and really looked out for our interests. I laughed at one of these reviews saying they had nightmares about rush hour, I did too! Not quite nightmares but in my sleep I would feel like I'm taking orders and ringing up transactions haha, its a super fast paced environment, with free food and paid breaks! The only downside is if you don't plan on staying with Chipotle and advancing it gets pretty boring which is what happened in my case and I had to move on. But I have good memories of working there.

From York, PA — 08/12/2010

It's a very hard place to work. That being said there is tremendous potential for growth. Chipotle does not hire illegals as it's been stated above. The turnover in Chipotle is very high because for many crew members its just physically exhausting. I have worked and still for for Chipotle for approximately 1 year. You get what you put in just like any job. The pay is about average to any fast food restaurant and this should be different. What makes Chipotle different from most work environments is growth potential and food with integrity. The managers are my store in York preach food with integrity on a daily basis because they really believe in it. They were very honest when I was hired about what the job was and what would be expected of me. There are many things I would change, but these are mostly with upper management.

From Ohio — 08/04/2010

Good place to work

From Columbus, OH — 04/11/2010

I am new to Chipotle and feel the need to write this review incase anyone high up ever comes across this. I have only worked there for 3 weeks and I'm already expected to know everything. My manager talks to me like I'm stupid and that I should know the answer to my questions and she gives me very rude looks. She even talked to me after 2 weeks of only being there and told me that I don't seem to be trying at all. I started crying and felt so frustrated because she's trying to make me out to be something I'm not. I AM a good worker and I bust ass. I'm usually a cashier and at our location cashiers take care of the dining room too. I would like to know when the hell that's possible? We're busy as soon as we open. We have lines going out of the door all the time, as cashier you're standing there for at least 2-4 hours at a time ringing up one customer after another. I believe that not all locat ions have the cashier do the dining room too, I don't think my location should either. The tortilla worker HAS to stay with the tortillas... To make be ready for whenever a customer comes. But yet the cashier [who takes the money, the most important part and gets whatever else they need] has to leave the station every chance they can to clean the dining room. I don't understand the logic in that. I'm great to customers and co-workers but my manager said that I'm making no attempt to be friendly to co-workers or her. WRONG!! I'm very friendy and nice to the co-workers that show respect back to me. Ask those few. There is a big issue with the mexicans not being polite to employees that aren't mexican[and new] AND the customers. Since they barely speak english they don't know how to talk to the customers. My back hurts everyday after work. No matter how fast you're working or trying to get things done they still want you to work faster. I guess that's what you get when you get a job with no drug testing and a high school diploma required. I've yet to hear my manager praise anyone on a good job they're doing. She only says the negative stuff. The few co-workers that do respect me are the only ones who ever praise anyone. Without them supporting me and letting me know that the rudeness from the others isn't only towards me I wouldn't enjoy going into work at all. I still don't really. I arrive usually 30 mins before I have to be in and I tell myself that I want to just leave and drive home and not go in. I am definitely going to be looking for a new job already. The pay isn't great, I'm making a little more than minimum wage which is cool but I should be making more with all the physical work we have to do. Plus with the disrespectful, embarassmenting, frustrating, discouraging attitude from the manager I have to deal with emotional work too. I thought I was just a baby until I read the rest of these reviews. I think I'll be ok once I don't need the managers help anymore and she can just leave me alone. I suggest this job to anyone able to work in VERY fast-pased enviroments without letting management and co-workers get the best of you.